Review: Anker Soundsync A3341 Bluetooth 2-in-1 Transmitter and Receiver

Bridging the Gap Between Old and New Technology

If someone is looking for a way to extend the life of existing audio technology and incorporate it with today’s Bluetooth connectivity, look no further than the Anker AK-A3341011 Soundsync A3341 Bluetooth 2-In-1 Transmitter and Receiver. This versatile device clearly bridges the gap between older and newer technologies.

The Anker AK-A3341011 Soundsync A3341 Bluetooth 2-In-1 Transmitter and Receiver is a small, black square-shaped device, weighing less than 2 ounces and measuring approximately 2.8" x 2.8" and slightly less than 1.0" thick. The Soundsync A3341 operates on the Bluetooth 5.0 standard, and it comes packaged with a micro USB cable, 3.5 mm auxiliary cable, RCA cable with stereo plugs, optical cable, User Guide, safety guide and an Anker “Happy / Unhappy” card. Further this device is backed by Anker’s 18-month warranty.

The Soundsync A3341 contains a rechargeable battery, which can be fully charged via the included micro USB cable and a USB charger (not included) in approximately 2 hours. Since I wanted to test this device with my existing audio equipment, I fully charged the device’s battery prior to using it (per Anker’s recommendation). Next, I turned the Soundsync A3341 on and set it to the “receiving” mode. I then plugged a set of older, non-Bluetooth portable speakers into the device’s 3.5mm output port and paired the device with my iPhone via Bluetooth by pressing the multi-function power button for two seconds. My iPhone immediately recognized the Soundsync A3341, and I was soon hearing music through the speakers without any distortion or drop-out. I then decided to try out the device with my non-Bluetooth stereo system. I plugged one end of the included auxiliary cable into the auxiliary port of the Soundsync A3341 and the other end into the jack on the included RCA stereo cable. I then plugged the RCA stereo jacks into the auxiliary port on my stereo and selected this input on the stereo. Immediately, I heard clear, crisp music broadcasting via Bluetooth from my iPhone through the stereo.
I also was interested in seeing whether the Soundsync A3341 could take TV audio and broadcast it to my Bluetooth headset. I set the device to the “transmitting” mode and plugged the 3.5mm auxiliary cable into its auxiliary port. Next, I plugged the other end of the auxiliary cable into the jack on the RCA stereo cable and then plugged the RCA jacks into the audio output of my TV. I then turned my TV on and set the sound output to go to the RCA jacks. I then turned the Soundsync A3341 on and pressed the the multi-function power button for two seconds. Finally, I turned on my Bluetooth headset, which immediately paired with the Soundsync A3341 and soon clear TV audio was coming through the headset speakers.

Needless to say, I was impressed with both the receiving and transmitting capabilities of the Soundsync A3341. While I don’t own any equipment that provide digital inputs and outputs, I can only assume that this device would produce similar results for digital technology as well.

I highly recommend the Anker AK-A3341011 Soundsync A3341 Bluetooth 2-In-1 Transmitter and Receiver to anyone wanting to bring 20th century technology into the 21st century.

8 Likes

Nice review. Snap a few pics bud. I use mine to watch TV late at night with my BT headphones the sound quality is best in class and connection is rock solid.

2 Likes

I was looking at this and wondered if I would have to keep pluggging it in and out depending on if I wanted the sound to come from the tv or headphones via the Bluetooth.

I could be bothered with having to plug it in all the time but a great device for those with anuse for it.
The ability to transmit or receive audio over Bluetooth to and from non Bluetooth enabled devices for a excellent price too is amazing.

Thanks for sharing

3 Likes

Nice review. I was wondering how this worked. Thanks for sharing and the pics. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Great pics and review! Thanks @mattgold018!

3 Likes

great review!! :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Good job on the review. :thumbsup:

3 Likes

Nice review and I have one too! I use it to connect to our old 5.1 system with the optical connection, no static noise at all. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Great review @mattgold018 nice pictures too :grin:

2 Likes

great review thanks and pictures are always nice to have :clap:

2 Likes

Finally able to post to Amazon.com.

Here is the link the the review:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R1GK9HYX7RHL34/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B07BR3FFTB

I just got this to use with these headphones. https://www.audio-technica.com/cms/headphones/0406b80af628416f/index.html

How do I switch between aptx and aptx HD? (to get less latency, but CD quality)

Regards,