Review: Anker SoundBuds Sport B1

I’m a fan of the “around the neck-style” Bluetooth headphones because they generally look good and will not fall to the ground if they lose contact with your ears. The Anker SoundBuds Sport B1 meet that criteria but in an earphone format and are comfortable to wear, with soft rubber eartips and an adjustable cross band for various head sizes. They are very form fitting, tangle-free and after wearing them for awhile, you forget that they are there. It’s hard to imagine that there is a battery, antenna and circuit boards inside this unit. The SoundBuds came in an attractive box & packaging. They also came with an Anker mesh pouch, a small Micro USB cable, extra Noise-isolating eartips in various sizes, an extra FitClip and a User Guide.

Charging (there’s a hidden Micro USB port under the right SoundBud) and pairing the SoundBuds was quick and effortless. There’s a Volume Up and a Volume Down button, as well as a Multi-Function button in the center of the right SoundBud. The MF button is used for pairing, pausing & playing music and turning off the unit with a long-press of 2 seconds. When turned on, the SoundBuds will automatically connect to the last connected device if available. If not, they will enter into pairing mode.

The sound was on par with what you would hear from earphones. Clean, crisp stereo sound but minimal bass as I expected. If you’re looking for heavy bass, over the ear headphones are more suited for you. Thank you Anker for including Bluetooth 4.1 with aptX. aptX makes a huge difference with Bluetooth audio. Sound is truer to the source with less audio compression and minimizes latency. Wish I could give it 4 1/2 stars, as I prefer a bit more bass for balanced sound…but the inclusion of aptX is a PLUS. Recommended.

6 Likes

There is a list published at Qualcomm showing items using aptX technology,

I miss ANKER. Why?

https://www.aptx.com/products

Whoa, I dig the packaging. Imo, it’s much more premium than its standard blue and white packages. How long do these last?

Thanks for the great review with pics. I personally don’t like the around the neck design for BT earphones, which is why I went with the Curve, but it’s good to know that Anker has something for all their customers.

1 Like

Nice compact review and sweet pics :ok_hand:

1 Like

Nics pics and a great review. Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Great review… thanks for including pics!

2 Likes

Thanks for including pictures. I have the AptX on the Slim+ and I cannot tell any advantage and it has an annoying un-mutable notification on my phone.

2 Likes

Thank you for the review. The design doesn’t attract me so I will stay with my Slim+

1 Like

Excellent review @Dez_S :thumbsup: …agree with others that the packaging is more premium on these…strange that it never expanded to other SoundBud variations :thinking:

2 Likes

Great review! I love the new packaging!

2 Likes

nice review !! :relaxed:

2 Likes

You’re welcome everyone :slight_smile:

1 Like

nice review. How’s the battery life (as per your usage)?

Pictures are super high quality.

They play for awhile and are rated for 6 hours continuous.

Thank you. Pro photography is my living :wink:

1 Like

Great review @Dez_S I’m tempted to try these type of headphones :smiley:

1 Like

I like the photos uploaded

2 Likes