Review: Anker PowerWave Base Pad

Here’s my latest review as part of Anker’s #WeLoveTesting program!

:man_technologist: https://technicallywell.com/anker-powerwave-base-pad-review/

PowerWave%20Base%20Pad%20packaging

9 Likes

Great review!! :clap:

1 Like

Great review & photos!! :ok_hand:t3: great job!!!

1 Like

Excellent write up & points as usual @TechnicallyWell!

1 Like

Perfect as usual! :wink:

1 Like

Great review @TechnicallyWell

1 Like

Nice review and pics.

I didn’t realize wireless chargers can damage the battery. I assumed it worked the same way as regular charging/quick charging. I use mostly wireless charging now. At night and in the car. I can’t remember the last time plugged directly in to charge. How much faster will it damage the battery?

1 Like

Really good review, like that it’s clear and concise and easy to understand.

1 Like

Good question! It’s more the heat generated from fast charging in general that can reduce battery life, rather than wireless charging specifically. Lithium ion batteries don’t like heat, especially for long periods of time.
Below is a good article on the subject:

2 Likes

I noticed that most of my wireless do not create a lot of heat. I have the Anker PowerWave 7.5 Pad with fan and it stays the coolest on it. I have a cradle version from Amazon Basic (a gift) and it works great it doesn’t heat up but does stay on it for 4 to 8 hrs a day (when I am asleep). My other one I use is a Desk Lamp/Wireless charger (it isn’t on unless needs a charge) and warms up. Its not hot but warm through the case. I also have a wireless 10w QI car charger. It runs for about 45 mins to a couple of hours daily while running Waze and Spotify (it would plugged into a charger if I didn’t have wireless) and has the AC blowing on it since it sits in front of the vents. The Car Charger, the Amazon and Desktop charger are QI certified at 10w for my Note 10.

I wonder how much faster it will wear out my battery then my corded charging?

I was thinking about getting a Wakey, and get rid of the Cradle. But now I wonder if I should go back to using a cable for over night charging.

1 Like

Cable is stable! :wink:

1 Like

If your phone doesn’t feel hot during wireless charging, I wouldn’t worry too much about it. Corded fast charging can be detrimental, too, as it generates more heat than “slow” charging, but depending how hot your phone gets, the impact could be negligible.

3 Likes

An excellent and professional review as always Ryan. :clap:t2:

1 Like