Review: Anker PowerWave Base Pad with iPhone 11

This is my first experience with wireless charging since I just recently upgraded my phone to the iPhone 11. My phone case is the OtterBox iPhone 11 Defender Series Screenless Edition Case. The USB charger I’m using is the Anker PowerPort+ 1 Model A2013 (Understand that this one will not support fast charge for my iPhone). I wanted to utilize the Anker PowerWave Base Pad on my nightstand (Ikea Hemnes Nightstand 18 1/8” by 13 ¾”). I have attached photos of the Base Pad on the nightstand and while my wife’s iPhone 11 was on top of it. My first impression of the Base Pad was great. I did not have to worry about balancing my phone on top of the rectangular pad and the rubber grips on the back of the pad hold it securely in place on the nightstand. The blue LED charging indicator is located in the front of the pad that can be easily seen when it is in use. With the standard charge mode, I was getting about 20% charge for every 45 minutes (3,046mAh is the battery size). Even with the heavy duty OtterBox Defender case, the phone was able to wirelessly charge. The included 4ft USB cable was sufficient length for the location I was going to put the charging pad. As mentioned previously, you are required to have your own USB wall charger. You cannot utilize the standard Apple 5W USB power adapter (cubed shape) in conjunction with this wireless charger. Overall, I am very pleased with this purchase and it has met all my needs.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this wireless charger. Great photos!

Nice review and photos @chrisjwaggoner :clap: , Thanks for sharing.

The wireless charger looks elegant! I like it

I only have three of them now :stuck_out_tongue:

Lol I had 4 but gave 2 away. And most likely this Christmas I’ll be buying another one

Nice review! Glad to see it works through your thick Otterbox case!

Nice review and photos. :slight_smile:

Nice review and pics @chrisjwaggoner thanks for sharing!

Good review, nice photos.

Great review!