Review - Anker Powerport III Nano

Miniature size, Maximum power

I was kindly selected to test the new Anker Powerport III Nano. This super small (it's just over 1" by 1" USB-C charger packs an 18W maximum output for that real fast charge experience.

You won't find much inside the box once opened. There is no cable included, so you'll only receive the plug, user guide, and a happy or not card, which is a nice touch. As such, I would like to see a smaller box, as it was easily three times the size of the product.

Anker Powerport III Nano

Coming in at just over 1" by 1", it will sit nicely behind a sofa for that "out of sight, out of mind" approach to charging any of your devices. Amazingly, thanks to the Multiprotect safety system, there's great temperature control as well. Given that it packs quite a power punch, it barely gets warm. It's also pretty portable, weighing in at around the same as 2 AA batteries, although, it could be slightly awkward to put away as the pins do not foldaway, which would have been great.

Fast charging your way from empty to 100% in around the same time as it takes to watch a few episodes of Stranger Things, this is a perfect way to get your phone ready before bed. Alternatively, plug it in when you get up in the morning, and you could be looking at a decent level of charge while you run through your morning routine without the distraction of your phone slowing you down.

Side by side with the standard Pixel 3 charger

Thanks to the other Anker products available, including USB-C cables and Lightning cables, it also means that this plug provides universal compatibility, whether you're an Apple or Android fan. Now, I wasn't able to tell a difference in charging speed compared to the standard Pixel 3 charger as that is an 18W charger so the only difference is the size, as you can see above. As such, I plugged in my wife's Sony Xperia XZ1 compact and that charged from around 40% to 75% in 30 minutes.

In conclusion, this is a great tiny charger and perfect for a any device, and even more useful if you've got multiple devices that need charging throughout a day.

4 Likes

Hi @David_Starkie
Great review, seems everyone is loving this new charger :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Thanks for the review, yes we seem to form a view of small, not too hot, good for cramped places. Yes kitchens look a good spot.

It’s not temperature control it has which makes it cooler. Temperature control is a thermal cutout where it turns itself off if gets too hot. All Anker chargers have that. In this case it is simply creating less heat through efficient electronics, and probably an even thermal dissipation design. So through good engineering.

If Anker sends me another I’ll do a tear-down. :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Good try, not sure I’d want to pull one apart and not be able to put it back together.
I’m assuming it’s glued or heat pressed together as there’s no sign of a screw hole under the sticker.

Thanks for that :+1:
Would you recommend changing the wording? If so, what would you suggest if you don’t mind me asking?

It’s just electronically efficient, or just efficient, so generates less heat. You don’t have to change words, we’re a diverse set of users and someone will better understand your words.

1 Like

Great review and wow that Google charger is massive! That charging point socket reminded me of India. Seriously miss those switches

1 Like

Thank you!
It is huge, isn’t it? I hadn’t really acknowledged it until I put it alongside this one

Are they actually electrical the same? What’s the other charger specs? (Photo).

I’m studying electronics currently so just interested, not essential to know.

Does it say the same as the Anker one of 5V 3A 9V 2A?

1 Like

I like the flat design of it

1 Like

The flat design is thermally more efficient. You lose heat through convection, conduction, radiation. Hugging wide the wall increase the conduction.

A thermal camera (anyone?) should be able to see if this is true via the temperature of the wall.

2 Likes

Cool, I had no idea

Great review and nice photos!

1 Like

They certainly don’t make it easy to read, but it looks the same

1 Like

Thank you very much!