Review : Anker PowerCore Jump Starter mini

MPG?

Miles per Guinness?

5 Likes

Thanks for your review!

It’s a new product, so we’d like to receive more good suggestions just like yours.

If you have any additional information or opinions after using this product, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us again.:grin:

Nice review and pics @Rob808

I kinda like a secondary battery idea. Since it would add mass and risk of failure would also be there I am fine with current options with one caveat. Why oh why can we not make batteries with a 2 prong plug of something like that to make jumps easier? Sticking clamps on positive and negative rails just for some juice seems archaic, yet we still dont have an easier solution. (Not to mention chances of backwards hookup is huge)

If you can make one closer to my Tacomas size for jumping I would seriously consider it. I was looking at the halo brand ones the show on QVC late at night, but I would stick with anker if given an option.

1 Like

Thanks for the review. Have you actually needed to use it yet?

A more powerful version would be nice. 3.0 limits many engines. Even with altitude compensator

1 Like

I fail to see why new cars have the need. Yes batteries fail so why not press a switch and go to the 2nd battery? One larger one for storing more energy and a smaller one for starting if the big one fails. Would solve this problem for most people.

Just carry a spare car?

4 Likes

Better yet, carry one of the Jetson cars in your briefcase :wink:

Thanks for the review and pics. The Anker Jump Starter looks a bit like my other branded one. Looks rugged. I do like that the Anker one does include a case. What was the price? I’ve had my other branded one for a couple of years now and used it twice. It holds a charge pretty well. How about the Anker one?

Maybe some lite weight super capacitors for backup

I know there are workarounds you can do yourself but why don’t new cars come with them. There’s redundancy built-in to many things.

I remember a long time ago a battery with a switch. Messy so why can’t there be an internal switch? As Anker show you can get enough to start the engine from little capacity, so a big battery and a small battery built-in to a new car and if the bigger one is knackered then switch to the smaller one. Then during driving the bigger one gets topped-up first and then smaller battery and then you’re always with two batteries.

Off to work tomorrow on my bike, the one where if I start the engine and it doesn’t start then a super hot cup of tea fixes it. Cleaned the chain and pumped up tires and it is going to be very hard for it to not work (assuming hot tea).

I agree on your backup idea but suggested capacitors in conjunction with the existing battery to cut down on weight High amperage output and for their fast charging capabilities. Or you can just toss a flux capacitor in there & call it good just remember to bring extra plutonium when you travel to 1955 :wink:

1 Like

Just incase tea won’t do the trick…

1 Like

Be great if they were available in the uk.

For when the sun is out and you want the wind in your hair

Yes, a few times on other people cars