Review: Anker PowerConf Bluetooth Speakerphone

One-touch Bluetooth conference speakerphone. Comes with a high quality padded travel case, 3 foot USB-C to USB-A cable and User Manual.

The Anker PowerConf Bluetooth Speakerphone is a compact and lightweight speakerphone with great voice quality, both in and out. Great for use in just about any situation: at home, office, a conference room or outdoors. It allows me to use my phone hands-free without sticking earbuds into my ear and share the contents of a phone call via Bluetooth 5.0 and 6 separate MICs for 360 degree coverage! In my home, I was able to use the PowerConf up to 3 rooms away from my Bluetooth enabled smartphone. Further than that, I would get dropouts. It’s 4 3/4" square, 1 1/8 thick and weighs 12.1 ounces. The material it’s made of oozes Anker quality. Not sure if it’s hard plastic or metal, but looks great.

Setup was easy. Turn the unit on by long-pressing the Power button and it automatically goes into Bluetooth pairing mode (blinking Blue indicator light). In the Bluetooth settings of your device, locate “Anker PowerConf” and connect. It will remember it’s last connection each time and connnection is very quick. In the back of the unit, there’s a USB-A port for Charging Out. With the 6700mAh built-in battery, you can use this to charge other USB charging devices. Not sure I will ever use this, but the ability is there. Next to that port is an AUX Out port to connect to an external powered speaker or receiver/amplifier. To the right of that is a USB-C Input charging port. Thank you Anker for making this a USB-C device! Although, I would have like a USB-C to USB-C cable included.

On top are Volume Up/Down buttons, an Answer/End call button, Play button, Mute microphone button as well as a ring status light that indicates calls coming in, Bluetooth connection and microphone activity. It’s rated at 24 hours of Talk Time and from my testing, calls were crystal clear on both ends. My callers stated that I sounded like I was on a speakerphone but that I was clear & no lag time or interruptions during our phone calls. This speaker is LOUD. You can even use the PowerConf to listen to music in monotone. The Play button is used for this. In addition, you can download firmware for the PowerConf via Anker’s Soundcore app. In the app, select the Speaker icon and scroll down to PowerConf and “Connect”.

Very simple to use, crystal clear, can charge devices and highly durable/portable. The PowerConf will be a mainstay in my home office for all phone calls. Compared to other conference speakerphones, recommended if you’re looking for a quality speakerphone that won’t break the bank. #UseAnkerInstead

Link: https://amzn.to/2TMbaKI

4 Likes

good photos, what else from a real profi.
Excellent review.
Thank you.
Stay healthy!

1 Like

Excellent photos, Great review :+1:

Anker should use some of these for the Ads on Amazon / Anker Site :ok_hand:

1 Like

Excellent review and pictures

1 Like

Hey @Dez_S
That’s an awesome write up and pictures, great review :+1:t2:

1 Like

Excellent review and pictures as usual @Dez_S :ok_hand:

1 Like

Fantastic review and photos! :clap:t2:

1 Like

Thanks everyone :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you sir. You too!

They’ve got some pretty good photos on their packaging for this product, but thanks :slight_smile:

:+1:t4:

Appreciate it. It is a nice product. I’m using it daily :smiley:

Thank you. Must be doing something right when the Moderator comments :wink:

Thanks Mac :blush:

3 Likes

Loving the photos! Great review!

Thanks and I’d like the idea :slight_smile:

Thank you. Glad you like it. The PowerConf is a nice piece.

1 Like

wow, doesnt get any better and more professional looking than this! great job. and bonus points for the other speaker in the picture, but not taking away from the PowerConf.

Thank you. Did I leave anything out?

As for the other speaker, it’s the Soundcore Model Zero

1 Like

Does it support multiple callers from different numbers? Or just caller-to-caller?

@Erich_Robinowitz1 Well it depends on the device it’s connected to. I just had a conference call between two of my coworkers a few minutes ago. My phone is BT connected to the PowerConf when im at my desk. I start one call and than i’ll make the 2nd call and merge the two calls. That functionality is from the phone and not the PowerConf.

The callers heard me clearly and I heard them clearly without issue.

2 Likes

Thats perfect! And I was thinking merged calls like that. Now I really want one. Thanks for the review and for the extra answers :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am currently working from home due to the Coronavirus pandemic. I live in New York City.
The Anker PoweConf has been a GODSEND. I’ve been using it daily during my “work hours” at home, conferencing with my bosses and my subordinates as to what are plans are going forward.

Thank you @AnkerOfficial for the opportunity to test and review this essential unit!

1 Like

Glad to hear it’s working so well. I went from not needing it, to “I could really use that now” with 100% WFH and being on calls all day.

1 Like

Exactly. We could all continue to use our phones as you usually do, but with the PowerConf, you could keep your smartphone connected to a charger or wireless charger while you roam around the house during your calls. Keeping the phone away from you for truly hands free conferencing and keeping your phone topped off.

1 Like

Agreed. So far, 3 weeks in working from home, the PowerConf has been excellent at maintaining crystal clear phone calls while talking to my subordinates and supervisors.

1 Like