Review: Anker Micro USB to USB-C Adapter

This review was recently posted to my personal website. This a summary of the original article. Click on the link to read the complete review and see all the product pics.

Recently I purchased a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (was planning on a Note 9 but the Note 8 sale was to good to pass up) and realized very quickly that I needed to purchase all new cables. I have a at least 4 pairs of Anker’ PowerLine+ Micro-USB Cables and received a new free cable from Anker last Christmas. Then I have a handful of their OEM micro-USB cables that come with their devices.

Since many of their devices use Micro-USB cables I can keep my premium cables around, but I keep a premium cable by my bed, in the living room usually attached to one of Anker’s PowerCores, several cables attached to my Anker USB Charging Hub, and one in each of our cars. To buy a new USB-C cable for each place I need a cable will get expensive and a waste of a good cable if I get rid of the old ones.

Being someone who doesn’t like to waste money or toss out a perfectly good cable. Especially cables that have worked so hard to keep my devices charged and haven’t failed me after 2 years of service deserve to stay in service. To keep my cables, I decided to try out Anker’s Micro-USB Cables to USB-C Adapter 4-Pack.

The Review

The 4-Pack is a simple blister pack with 4 adapters. The adapters are black with the Anker logo it. The adapters are made well and very small. Small enough they could easily be misplaced.

Connecting the adapter to the cable is simple. It fit snugly in place and allows you to connect your old cable to your new phone. Its a narrow device and should not have any issues when connecting to your phone if you have a large case on it.

There really isn’t much to test on these. They either work or they do not. In this case they do work. I was able to easily charge my phone without issue using my Micro-USB cable. I was even able to transfer a movie file from my computer to my phone. Both charging and data transfer was slightly slower than using a USB-C cable but not enough in my opinion to matter.

Final Thoughts

I’ve been using the Anker USB-C to Micro USB Adapter for a few weeks now I have only found one issue that I don’t like. The adapters add extra weight to the port and stiffens the connection from the cable to the port. If the phone is stable and sitting there charging on your desk, in your car mount, or sitting there while you are transferring files the adapters are fine. But if you are using the phone it could add extra stress to the ports.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/element321/40177186303/in/dateposted-friend/ (not sure why this image won’t populate)

I highly recommend these adapters as a solution to keep your older cables in use but I would suggest looking at purchasing at least one Anker Powerline II USB-C to USB 3.1 Gen2 Cable. These cables will have the fastest charging capabilities and fastest data transfer capabilities available. You might also want also upgrade your wall charger or charging hub to the 24 watt or higher chargers. Anker Wall Chargers and Charging Hubs will support Quick Charge 3.0 and has smart tech tech to deliver the right amount of charge that your device requires.

17 Likes

Good review you made.

But isn’t it better to use such an adapter than to let a cable useless disappear in a cupboard?
More resources are wasted, producing tons of new cables.

I know this might not be in the gusto of selling companies like ANKER, but
I am voicing my opinion as usual here. :grin:

1 Like

Truth. I use these every day (have had them over a year), but all in all they are great way to use old cables with new devices.

1 Like

The build quality looks really good, not like some others I’ve seen on the net. These is a great way to continue to use old cables that you already have, until you’re able to upgrade them. Personally, I’d rather not have to use these.

2 Likes

Great review and photos

2 Likes

Nice review…love the photos :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Well written review. Photos are excellent.

2 Likes

Your personal review website also looks professional!:thumbsup:

2 Likes

Great review love it so much and will look into getting them

1 Like

Thanks!:grin:

Nice effort… Keep it up…

2 Likes

Thank you for your great review. I have used these before and I am a huge fan of them. They are simple, convenient if you have both micro-usb as well as usb-c devices, and most importantly, they work.

1 Like

I bought a couple of these when they were first released, and they have worked flawlessly.
Only downside (unavoidable) is that is makes the connector end of the cable that much longer. Not a big deal though.

1 Like