Review: Anker 20W Premium Bluetooth Speaker

The Anker 20W Premium Bluetooth Speaker looks well made. From the black glossy finish on top, the large protruding control buttons, to the tight cloth mesh covering the two speakers in front. I must warn you though, that the glossy top is a fingerprint magnet. I’d recommend using this in your home or at an office, but not as a carry-everywhere portable speaker. It’s not rugged enough for that.

The controls are large and easy to read. You have the standard power button (which is also the Bluetooth pairing button), a Play/Pause button, volume control up/down which also act as previous/next track. There’s an Aux In port and a Micro USB port for charging the large internal 5200mAh battery. The speaker comes supplied with a Micro USB cable, Audio cable, Welcome Guide and a beautiful protective storage Anker case.

The speaker supports Bluetooth 4.0 and is one of the better sounding speakers I’ve heard to date. Anker claims 8 hours of playtime so this should be fun. It came pre-charged, as I noticed a yellow emitting light when I plugged in my fast charger. The same light shuts off when it is fully charged. I imagine that when the battery is fully depleted or about to go dead, it will flash red. Long-pressing the pairing button makes it available for pairing (you’ll hear an audible tone). It paired easily. Once paired, it remembers the device next time it’s turned on and will automatically connect. Sound is loud for it’s size (7 1/4" x 2 1/4" x 2 1/2" tall) but at 10 watts/ch. Both the Bluetooth stream and Aux In sound with audio cable sounded the same. Nice to have two options.

Overall, it’s a very good speaker for the money and has a great look.

7 Likes

Your review is :fire::fire::fire::fire:

1 Like

good review, sure wish they would have supplied a case with the soundcore

1 Like

Great review

1 Like

Nice review. I’ve got this speaker. It’s a beast. Super loud :thumbsup:

2 Likes

I own this speaker since 2 1/2 years. It is always working fine and the duration of playing time is still fantastic.

What is a “must to do” :
You should use an equalizer and lift the frequencies at 4 and 8 kHz.

2 Likes

Nice review. I think all of their speakers should include a case.

2 Likes

Good review & pics @Dez_S I have one of these in my lounge, used every day - it was the first Anker speaker that I bought, highly recommended and Amazon Dot compatible :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great review and pictures!

1 Like

Looks like it fits in nicely with the all black everything gadget desk! Nice review!

Anyone know how this one compares to Ankers soundcore sport XL in the punch it packs and sound quality?

1 Like

:+1::+1::+1::clap::clap::clap::clap:, Nice review…Kudos

1 Like

Would of definitely recommend the SoundCore 2. Really good speaker and a lower price tag. Check out my review if you want to >>>

2 Likes

This speaker is one of the best Bluetooth speakers

1 Like

That black gloss finish sets it off though. I agree its more suited as a permanent in home speaker. Great review

1 Like

nice review :wink:

1 Like

Great looking review! :astonished::astonished::raised_hands:

1 Like

Thanks everyone and sorry for the late response :relaxed: