Returning

I bought a usb cord last november, right now it is kinda faulty it does not charge my phone. I know cuz I tried many times to know what is the problem. Now, I noticed the black tape from the box was missing, the tape that binds the cord when you first open it. Im wondering can it still be replaced?

Last November as in “November 2018”? If so, yes. Depending on which cable you got, it’s either warranted for 18 months or for life. Check here and contact Anker to talk about your cable. Their customer support is one of the many great things about the brand: https://www.anker.com/warranty

2 Likes

Yeah 2018. I searched the black tape i was talking about. It’s called velcro. That was the one i misplaced. If i returned the product without that, will it still be replaced?

For sure. Contact anker support and let them know about what is going on with the cable. Depending on the type and length, you may have to send it back so they can test it on their side to keep the issue from happening in the future. You will be sent out a new one regardless, you just need your receipt from the site you purchased it from.

Fill out the form there and support will be in contact via email, usually within 24-48 business hours on average when I had to do it as well.

1 Like

Actually, Anker will probably let you keep the whole cable. It’s not cost effective to ship it back. I had a cable replaced recently and they just sent me a new one without asking for the old one back.

2 Likes

They have asked others to return the cable to mitigate the problem from occuring in future versions. I have had to send back one if my cables and others have as well, hence why they mentioned it.

1 Like

I have have to agree with @tiagomota @AnkerSupport is great. I have had to use them on two different occasion and had nothing but a great experience with them. I had a lightning cable with the 18 month warranty and they replaced a cable that the braided cord separated from the connector. In 24 hours from making contact they were sending me a new cable no questions asked as to how it happened, just the required questions needed to start a support ticket.

I recommend contacting support before trying to return or throwing it out.

1 Like

Sorry, but I take it you’ve tried different cables n chargers, and they did work?

Had to ask, as didn’t see you say so (mind almost 12 am here)

Likewise, I didn’t want to advise it if it weren’t still the case since I returned one about 6 months ago.

Oh no, I’ve bought it in an anker stall inside a mall. So im planning to return it there after my day has finished. Thanks for answering my question.

Yes @amangons I tried different cords and adaptors, and they all worked. Even tried different phones.

1 Like