Retrospective: Crashing a motorcycle couldn't stop me from riding - Roadshow

Roadshow

Retrospective: Crashing a motorcycle couldn’t stop me from riding - Roadshow

One year after my first motorcycle crash, I’m as pumped about bike culture as I’ve ever been.

Motorbike safety?

Yes or No?

Now, I’m a happy ex biker and enjoyed hours of the freedom.it gave, plus the speed through congestion, lord it and MISS IT…

IVE always advocated a decent jacket, full face helmet, and proper gloves sensible boots, but always wore denim jeans only.

I had a friend show me his full face after a crash, and believe me,… It saved his face, it was scraped down to the liner, but his face was fine.

1 Like

Motorcycles are best for thrills, did have mine during my college days. In my final year, had a major slide crash - fortunately I had few scratches but vehicle was damaged…

Was almost time for me to get started with my job career, never tried motorcycles after that … Hope to try again someday

Hey @MacBlank
I was a scooter boy in my younger days and never progressed to a Motorbike.
Now i’m a bit older and have the funds i would love to get a bike but having family commitments ive never progressed beyond that.
Also, living with Debs already adds more danger in my life than i would like, adding a motorcycle would be too much :rofl:

It makes me wince when i see people on motorbike with no protection other than a helmet - its bad enough falling off a mountain bike at 10-15mph, let alone a motorbike!

Motorcycles are fun but always remember to be careful and wear safety gear.

I’ve seen a few accidents during bike week in Myrtle Beach, and the ones who don’t wear any safety gear always end up regretting it

I’m closing in on 47, been on bikes since 12, have a Kawasaki ZX6R 2005 in the garage, bikes and biking will always be a part of me and my life but it is
ATGATT (All The Gear, All The Time)
I probably wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for good gear.

1 Like

What chicken shit complained this time?

Come on, be brave enough and show your face…

1 Like

Exactly what I was wondering. I’ve seen some weird posts yet flagged lately. Possible some user is salty about something and flagging random posts.

Would it not take more than one user to flag a post before anything changes?
I flagged a few of the woodoo spam ones in case it would help if others had done the same.

I miss my bike :pensive:

This forum is as much about “off topic” as it is about “the brand”
It’s great chat like this that keep people regularly logging on.
Hopefully someone’s done it by mistake and a moderator un-flags the post, I assume they can?

Tried but due to the number of times it was flagged it’s hidden until @AnkerOfficial clears it :frowning:

1 Like

Thought you could @ndalby
But flagged multiple times, I don’t get it :man_shrugging:t3:
Not even the link contained anything offensive.
Hey-ho, hopefully it will be cleared and resume again soon.

I’m not paranoid, I know @AnkerOfficial is anti me, so they make up crap, so they can get rid legitimately!

This is the second time in very recent times, they’ve removed or hidden a topic of mine, and no doubt removed any points etc I had gained.

Now while I don’t do thing just to get points, but doing this, is just vindictive and for no reason.

My precious topic got blocked, yet someone else ACTUALLY posts a link, that I didn’t, but just mentioned it, I get my post pulled and (ahem bollox) reported for spam, despite not actually giving out the link.

A newbie comes along, posts the link, and no probs, go ahead.

Either favouritism or just more blatent experience of cock blocking me.