Replacing SD-card homebase eufycam

What type of SD card’s and rich capacity are recommended for the homebase if i want to replace the one which standard is supplied with an SD-card with a bigger capacity?
And what steps do you have to take in chronicle order to replace the old one for the bigger one?

I would suggest using class 10 cards or higher. Size would depend on how you have it configured now and how you would want is going forward, such as shorter / longer clips.

As you are not able to read the microSD card on a computer (that I’m aware) you would need to download any footage you wish to keep via the Eufy app before changing out the card.

Perhaps @yamyam can confirm and/or add some additional suggestions also :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply. So if i want to replace it for a 128GB card class 10 or higher (for example) then that isn’t a problem. So there are no limitations about the size of the card?

128GB would be the maximum capacity supported by the EufyCam.

Of course :wink:

@Michiel Have a look at this direct link to the post i want to show you:

There you have detailed infos and answers about your questions.

Short version:
It depends if you have a smaller system with just 1-3 cams with only some few events a day or like me a dozen cams with several hundred events per day and cam.

First case: Class 10 should be enough, max 128 GB
Second case: I recommend Class 30, max 128 GB

In my case … i have bought following V30 card and i can “feel” the difference between the standard SD card which is included in the homebase and this “better” one:

Important in this case is to check if it really has “UHS Speed Class 3 (U3) und Video Speed Class 30 (V30)” as the same SD card is also availble as much cheaper V10 version, you wont see the optical difference.

de%20%20Computer%20%20%20Zubeh%C3%B6r

But to be honest, i guess a “regular” V10 SD card will also fit your needs. I guess you just want a little more GB for the card, so V10 is also ok for you. Depends on how much you wanna spend.

1 Like

Ensure to download and backup your video events recorded on the old SD card before tossing it away. You can do it within the app on your phone or via web portal if you have cloud subscription. Remember, the data is encrypted so you can read it by any other means.
As you know by ow you can insert a larger capacity SD Care upto 128 GB and a minimum class 10 type to replace the original card.
Insert the new card and format it using the eufy security app and the app will take you to further steps. Hope this will help.

1 Like

Thanks for your additional info. I will reconsider my plan for a bigger SD-card. It works fine at this moment and my question was more ment for de future when a have 4 in stead of the 2 cams i have now. I keep you info if the moment is there.

Even with 4 cams, if they do not have too much events per day, a V10 should be still enough.
If at least 2 of those cams will record frequently at the same time and more often, i recommend V30.

1 Like