Red light on right earbud

I accidentally put my Zolo earbuds through the wash. Obviously I let them dry out and then I charged them, but now it has a red light on the right ear bud. Any help?

The right earbud is the main controller, they are only sweatproof and not waterproof. So washing them may have ruined the circuit board and battery.

Have you tried to charge them in the case since this happened? See if it repairs or resyncs with the other

1 Like

I think washing would have killed them.
Even if items a waterproof I suppose washing with washing powder is not recommendable. But try to charge them and let us know if there is something better.

Hi @jedijoe05,

I feel so sorry to hear this accident…You can let them naturally dry out and then charge them, if it still doesn’t work, maybe the earbuds are broken.:sob:

Electronics that enter the washing machine of death are not necessarily going to be broken afterwards. Soapy water and a spin cycle will typically harm a circuit board or even most of the components on it. Where you may end up having your issue is the speakers and possible wiring going to and from the board. They may not like the water. The best best is to let them dry out naturally and hope for the best. Since the red light is lit on the earbud, I would lean towards the board being ok, but that does not mean the speakers survived. Hope it works out.

Red light is only on when I charge them, high pitch staticky noise coming from right earbud. The blue tooth wont connect and the white light is only on when I charge them. I guess it will be a rest in peace to my earbuds.

The high pitched static would be a deal breaker right away. If you know any techies you could pass it along and let them open it up. Might be amusing to see how bad it ended up. Sorry for your loss.