Quick Review: PowerPort Strip 3

Check out my Instagram, Amanda Reviews It, for cheeky tech reviews just like this one! Drop a like if you’re feeling particularly supportive :smile:

I had so much fun setting up the PowerPort Strip 3 and I had the perfect plan for how I was going to use it. Both my husband and I charge our devices on our nightstands, with cords strewn all over the place. It’s difficult, if not impossible, to use our nightstands for what they’re intended. So when I got my PowerPort Strip, I immediately yanked out all of my cords and cleaned out the drawer in my nightstand. I mounted the power strip inside the drawer, used some adhesive to ensure it wouldn’t slide around, and utilized a retractable USB-C cord to keep everything tidy. The appliances plugged into the AC outlets (air purifier, Google Home Mini, and smartwatch charger) are fed through the back of the nightstand through a hole I drilled. Bada bing, bada boom—cord harmony!

Now when we’re getting ready for bed, I open my drawer and extend my phone’s cable, plug it in, and leave my phone outside on the top of the nightstand with other gadgets staying tucked inside the drawer. As an added bonus, there are far fewer LED status lights to keep us awake.

There are a lot of features that make the PowerPower Strip 3 a solid product. The power cord is a generous 5 feet long with an offset plug that doesn’t block your other outlets and you can rest assured that your devices are protected from surges. The power strip itself is compact but has some heft to it, which is something I personally appreciate in any product—I hate it when things are light and feel flimsy or cheaply made.

I honestly can’t think of a better setup to charge my devices, and I’m immensely thankful to Anker for developing a power strip so well suited for users like myself.

5 Likes

thanks for sharing!

1 Like

I need me one of those. Looks like a great product

Great review! I like the idea of having it setup inside a drawer like that…

I have the PowerPort 5, which I am considering mounting to the edge of my nightstand…

1 Like

Nice review! For whatever reason, not able to find your review on Instagram :confused:

I haven’t actually posted it yet :laughing: I feel like Instagram reviews can’t be too text-heavy, so I’ll work on that tomorrow!

Ohhhh… the first lines on review prompted me to check Instagram for this review :joy:

Very nice. Thanks for sharing. The more I saw it the more in awe I am of the size.

Love the spacing between the outlets. How nimble is the power cord? I have a previous model which is quite stiff

I saw it yesterday on IG :slight_smile:

The power cord has a good amount of play in it, but I’ll take another look tonight and let you know!

1 Like

Pretty nimble! It has a rubbery coating to it that flexes quite a bit.

1 Like

thanks for that