Questions about my new Roav C1

I recently purchased a Roav C1 dash cam for use in my Ford Edge. Fords have the power always on at the aux power ports.

Q1: Can I use the side button to turn off the C1 and suspend the recording?
Q2: If the answer to Q1 is no, then what is the purpose and use for the side button.

Thanks.

1 Like

I know exactly what you mean. My hubby’s BMW power port stays on even with the engine is off, whereas my Toyota does not. I have both the C1 and C1 Pro. I find that the side button to turn the dashcam on/off on the C1 is ultra sensitive. I have found that even when it’s turned off, just a tiny jolt can somehow turn it on. And if the power somehow cuts off then back on, then the C1 will go into continuous recording. Just remember, if the C1 is plugged in, by default… it’s suppose to do continuous recording. The only one that I find that won’t come on is Parking Monitor, if you turn that feature off. Therefore, in my hubby’s car, we always unplug the power cord when we are not in the car. Also by doing this, the Parking Monitor feature will kick in and do it’s job when the car is unattended. Hope that helps and makes sense.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply Nhi.

You’re welcome. If you have any further questions, you can always do Live Chat with Roav at www.goroav.com or email them at support@goroav.com . :slight_smile:

1 Like

I feel your pain! I have a Ford Edge as well, and I learned quickly our ports don’t switch off. Had the Roav Viva installed on a Moko Cupholder extension and came out to my touch screen warning me about my battery being Low. I now have to remember to plug and unplug it everytime :disappointed: