Question for Everyone 🤔

Thanks for the update @mason.sergent :metal:t2:

1 Like

Sounds good!

So Anker Community PowerBucks taking the Soundcore Notes / Tickets route… Hope the leaderboard thing is not adopted…

1 Like

Leaderboard doesn’t work, as soon as you attach prizes you get a needless daily thread to earn points and fake accounts to vote your own choices up. Doesn’t cause true interest.

All for activities to drive interest in Anker. You’d think Anker would want that too.

my other question is will the new community get rid of the ghosts? I will miss the ghosts of @ndalby and @Duane_Lester as well as a couple of others that I have that show up from time to time. (they will be missed but would also be nice to not always think I have a notification when really its a ghost from the past trying to talk to me :rofl: )

1 Like

Of course we need these ghosts.
Only these show great activity!

They are important.
At the end of this forum only these ghosts will take part and be active. :rofl:

The famous ANKER-ghosts!

1 Like

They do make up a lot of the activity on here and it’s always fun to be visited by them every once in a while

1 Like

The ghost are much more active than the “staff” is when creating a “new” forum! :rofl:

1 Like

@ktkundy

You may know know this but the ghost will come to haunt you for three days during Christmas Eve. So be ready. :rofl:

How about testing devices in real-world scenario’s with the average Joe’s? This isn’t about free equipment; this isn’t to bash influencers or professional testers either; they absolutely have their place. I’ve said this several times in the past, but I would much rather read an honest review/testing situation in a forum or watch a shaky cam video on YouTube than to watch a video of a tester that has had something for three days then making a review.

For instance, I have several Anker products recently that I have purchased on my own dime; PowerStation, cables, portable batteries, etc. In one example, I bought a PowerStation 521 about 6 months ago and have only used a few times in different scenarios; I’ve considered making a review but I couldn’t in good conscience make a review without it having a real-world full on test. I also found a pretty critical issue with their barrel connector for solar input; they thanked me for the information (along with other users) but how much easier would it have been to give this to a long term user for testing?

It concerns me that the Testing/PowerUsers sections are not going to be there; that, in my mind, puts this idea in the coffin.

I’m off my soapbox now :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I agree with this

1. for sure count me in!!!
  2. super stoked!!!

Any updates or timeline for the new community @mason.sergent ?

2 Likes

1 Like

No clue at all I’m hopeful though even if mason hasn’t been on as much seems Anker official is at least some what on more than in the past

Possibly one and the same…

Probably

2 Likes

Ankerofficial is probably coming here by accident :rofl:

1 Like

Lol no they seem a little active which is nice compared to the lack of posting that was going on for a while before

1 Like

Hello? Anybody here? Crickets

1 Like

Absolutely!!!