Qualcomm plans to give fast charging a huge boost in 2019

Quick Charge 4.0 will support up to 36 Watts in 2019 :scream:

@AnkerOfficial @AnkerTechnical does Anker have anything to compete with Quick Charge 4.0 in the works? Mainly Qualcomm plans to add “Triple Charge” which will allow power to flow through three paths and keep the device heat in check.

Edit

Quick charge 4+

3 Likes

The problem with this is that only a handful of manufacturers have adopted QC 4.0, so to even try to get 5.0 to be mainstream would be a chore.
Not to mention that heat is and will always be an issue and so will the degraded battery longevity.

1 Like

Battery degradation would not be a concerned if it were not for non replaceable batteries. I wish some of the flagship phones would go back to replaceable batteries…

3 Likes

Yeah, I think manufacturer adoption for this will be near non-existent. I mean, iPhone’s don’t support any QC protocol, and Samsung is still on 3.0. It’s a nice idea, but isn’t going to really make much a difference outside of the three Chinese phones that will include it.

1 Like

I just liked the idea of multiple charging paths to keep the heat to a minimum.

1 Like

There are really phones on the market having non replaceable batteries?
Or do you mean something different?

I remember some old Iphones were the battery was glued.
But with some skills an patience it could be removed and replaced by a new one.

The batteries are replaceable but you have to have specialized equipment or take it to a professional to do so. It’s not as easy as popping off the back and swapping out the battery. Most if not all high end phones these days are glued together. They say it’s for water resistance but it’s really just planned obsolescence.

1 Like

Thank for the info, my friend.
:relaxed:

My pleasure

1 Like

Imo, it’s not planned obsolescence because users demand a high ipx rating and the only way to achieve this is via certification and to do so your phone has to be sealed on all fronts.

1 Like

No, I don’t think so!
We had such “glued” phones in the past as well.
And there was NO IPX7.

Companies are always happy to construct an item which can not be repaired by such “old tinkers” as we are.

I would keep my hands off such stuff!

I remember a documentary “years” ago, about nano technology, and that electronics could be a lot faster n lighter, but heat is the issue.

Heat seems to the stumbling block and dispersion of said heat.

Once THAT can be solved, we’ll have the phones, n tech of our dreams!

1 Like

Phones are getting too thin these days I would much rather have a phone that is a little bit thicker with a much larger battery.

I also think the same ipx rating could be achieved with screws torqued down to a specific torque and rubber or silicone seals and a little bit of thread lock. The SIM/SD tray is a good example of rubber seals being ipx7 rated.

1 Like

These are exactly my thoughts.
Much fraud here regarding the costumers.
But if the flock is willing to follow…

1 Like

I agree about the battery and case, in fact I use to make my phones waterproof via a metal case with rubber surround, it was held down with torn screws and was waterproof down to 25 feet

2 Likes

For example a mechanical watch.
Nothing glued!
Screwed steel back with a rubber gasket : waterproof more than 25 feet.

1 Like

Since USB-C Power Delivery can delivery up to 100 watts, I think we’ll see more companies adopt the open Power Delivery standard rather than paying for proprietary Quick Charge implementations.

2 Likes