Q20 with USB-C?

Just wondering if Anker has announced whether or not they will be updating their headphones (specifically wondering about the Q20s). I feel like just this small change would double the value of their headphones as everyone is moving in this direction right now.

I’m sure it’s inevitable, but I’m wondering if Anker has released anything about this officially, or if anyone has any experience about how Anker typically rolls out new standards like this across their line of products?

TIA

3 Likes

Hey @Bryden_Arndt
Welcome to the community.
Anker seems to be slowly getting products over to USBC.
There’s still lots with micro but I guess as models change they are replaced with USBC.
I have the Q20 and love then :+1:t2:

1 Like

Hi @Bryden_Arndt, Soundcore’s Life Q10 have USB-C input, but unfortunately, do not feature active noise cancelling.

There is a very good chance Soundcore will either upgrade Life Q20 like they did with Liberty Air (X) or release a new model with USB-C in the near future. However, there has been no official word yet.

Stay tuned the community; we deliver news first.

3 Likes

I’m sure they will too and I can’t wait. Been holding off on a purchase of the q20 until they get that. My chargers have all switched to USB-c in my home so I don’t want to start going backwards :wink:

3 Likes

Also remember @Bryden_Arndt
You can get USBC to Micro cables, of you didn’t know already.
Anker doesn’t make one, I picked up an Amazon Basic for about £6.
So don’t be depriving yourself of a great pair of headphones. :+1:t2:

That takes away the whole point!

3 Likes

Yeah it does @Insider and it isn’t the right way to go, I know.
But @Bryden_Arndt has USBC PowerPort and really wants the Q20.
The USBC to Micro cable means he can get a great pair of headphones now and still use his existing chargers.

Then it leaves the excitement of upgrading the Q20 when the Q?? comes out :smiley:

1 Like

True, but getting a different cable would be going backwards just as much.

The longer Soundcore waits, the more potential sales they are losing.

4 Likes

Some people don’t want to carry USB-A chargers. I know I don’t :wink:

4 Likes

I agree we should work to USBC everything, one cable, reversible fully.
But you can still get half way there, a C to B cable, so your chargers can be C but any legacy devices can use the C to B cable. Imperfect but less imperfect than a A charger?

1 Like

I totally forgot about Soundcore Journey, which was announced last year and has yet to be released… I am assuming that this has USB Type-C.

@AnkerOfficial, any updates?!

They look great I’d totally rock those as long as the NC is as good as the q20.

1 Like

Will these have ANC?

1 Like

Yes, ANC and 3D sound.

3 Likes