Purchasing Guidance - Anker Premium 5-Port 60W USB Wall Charger PowerPort+ 5 USB-C with Power Delivery

Guys,

still trying to get my head around all the different charging terms…I need a PD delivery charger for my Nintendo Switch I have been told.

However, the other ports are Power IQ, which i am lead to believe will give any device the amount of juice it cant take to charge it as fast as possible. 2 other devices that I charge are Samsung S8+ and Samsung Tab S3.

couple of weeks ago i bought the Anker 10000 mah Battery pack with Power IQ 2.0 and this ‘Fast Charge’ my phone.

My question is, will Power IQ also ‘Fast Charge’ my phone?

2 Likes

My understanding is… YES *

So long as your product will do fast charge. Then (as I understand it) the charger will speak to the battery and ask it how much juice do you want and with the reply, it’ll give that much juice, upto a maximum for that charger.

So if charger has output of 60w, then so long as all the usbs used don’t desire more, they’ll all work to maximum.

3 Likes

Good guide. :clap::clap:

You do not need a PD complaint charger for the Nintendo switch, a usb-c to usb-c charger that suplies 5v at 3a will do just find if you’re using it in hand held mode.

Hi @John_Venables,

We appreciate your support in Anker. We feel sorry that since the IQ ports on the PowerPort+ 5 USB-C with Power Delivery doesn’t support Qualcomm’s Quick Charge, it will not be able to quick charge your QC devices such as S8+.

Hope that helps and do not hesitate to email us if you have any other inquiry.

1 Like

thanks for clarifying…I finally got around to using my powerport +5 and plugged in my Galaxy s8 at 40% charge remaining and it did not fast charge… pretty quick though 40-90% in less than an hour