Protection against unauthorized BT pairing

I’m using the Soundcore 2 via AUX. A really good sound for this small device (and the small price).
If LineIn is plugged, the blue led stops flashing and Bluetooth seems to be off, but it isn’t. It it’s furthermore in pairing mode and there seems to be no protection against unauthorized pairing and connection, no pin-code or hardware-button.
In the manual is written, that the distance has to be less than 1m in pairing mode, but it works also in distance off 10m or to the next floor through reinforced concrete.
What prevents a neighbor to connect to my Soundcore and using the build-in microphone ?

Tested with Samsung S5mini, Huawei Mediapad and Raspberry Pi.

1 Like

You could pair it to your own device first, then continue using the aux connection. None of Anker speakers contain a pin code variation for security…

After bluetooth 2.0 no device should require a pin according to the bluetooth spec. As such most bluetooth device no longer require a pin[quote=“ndalby, post:2, topic:55978, full:true”]

You could pair it to your own device first, then continue using the aux connection. None of Anker speakers contain a pin code variation for security…
[/quote]

Thanks for replies. To connect with an own BT-device isn’t an option for me, because I want to use only the AUX-interface.
Pin-codes are not the state of the art, of course. But to switch in an open pairing mode, every time the loudspeaker is switched on or lost its connection is very insecure. A possible way could be to switch in pairing mode with pressing the BT-button and off again after timeout (maybe an idea for the engineers) .
And … the device can not only be switched on manually. It also starts with “charging power off” and then it’s also in the open pairing mode.
To allow an stranger to connect the loudspeaker is annoying, but to allow to connect to the microphone isn’t acceptable for me.

So I will try to give it back to amazon and looking for another one.