Premium USB-C Hub with Macbook Pro 2016 and LG 38UC99

Hi All,

I got a question about the Premium USB-C Hub with Ethernet and Power Delivery (https://www.anker.com/products/A8302041).

I see the hub as a power in for a USB-C cable, now USB-C can also transfer video and data besides power.
Does anyone know that if this USB-C port also allows video input?

I would like to know this because of the following setup: LG 38UC99 USB-C port -> HUB USC-C port -> Macbook Pro 2016 USB-C port.

At this moment I don’t own any of the products yet, so I can’t test myself.

If anyone knows, I’m happy to hear it :slight_smile:

kind regards,

BryceK

What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

He want to charge the macbook via the monitor, while also using usb keyboard, mouse and ethernet and he want to confirm if it’s possible. He doesn’t think that the usb-c input port can handle video as it was designed for the apple original charger.

The Thunderbolt USB type c connector on the 2016 MacBook is not just for charging and can be used to replicate almost any port with the right adapter. I would recommend the Docking Bay (more Port options) for your needs not the Hub. I’m still a little confused by the wording in the original post. Video input from the monitor? It will definitely do video output via the HDMI and USB C ports. Provided you are using type-c cables that are “full-featured” worry not as all type c to type c Anker cables are “full-featured”

all cable are full featured, but this one is an adapter, and adapter can choose to include or exclude several feature due to cost. so it works like this
For power: Outlet -> Monitor -> adapter -> mbp
For video: mbp -> adapter -> monitor
So he’s not sure if it works for video.

All type c cables? Or all Anker type c? There are many manufacturers that produce low quality potentially dangerous type-c cables lacking the necessary resistors and wires to be considered “Full Featured” but Anker is not one of them.

https://plus.google.com/+BensonLeung

i means all type of anker type C,

1 Like