Premium USB-C HDMI Hub can no longer connect to Monitor

I have been happily using my Premium USB-C HDMI hub to connect my Dell XPS13 to an LG monitor for months but all of sudden this week the connection to the monitor has become unstable.

When I initially plug in the USB-C connector to my laptop it does not detect the monitor. If unplug and replug the USB-C or HDMI it will repeatedly flash a few times, display on the external monitor for a few seconds. It never stabilizes it just repeatedly flashes on and off on the external monitor. Sometimes both laptop and external screen goes black and I must unplug the hub to get the display back on the laptop.

The firmware is up to date. The hardware configuration (Monitor, cables, location) has not changed.

Any ideas?

Have any driver / software updates recently gone on the device (Windows?)? Do you have the ability to test the hub on another USB-C device to rule out if the issue is fully with the hub or as already mentioned with a local driver on the device?

If no recently driver changes have occurred since the behaviour started it would be worth reaching out to support@anker.com to log your issue. As you only mentioned usage for a few months you should still be under your 18 month warranty if the hub has developed a fault.

2 Likes

Hi @stephenfysh We feel sorry to hear that you have run into problems with the Premium USB-C HDMI Hub. In your case, would you please try a different HDMI cable? How does the hub work with other monitors?

If our product does not meet your expectation, would you please kindly contact us via email address: support@anker.com with your Amazon order number ? We will try our best to make things right for you.

Best Regards!

I updated the BIOS and USB3 drivers from Dell and all was good again.

2 Likes

Good to hear your working again!