PowerPort Wireless 5 Stand Review - Draft

Just received this item. The stand version of this wireless chargers is nice because you can use your device while charging :wink: In terms of charging, this PowerPort Wireless charger charges my Note 8 at @ 4.5V & @ 0.8A. The Note 8 charges at estimates that it would take 1h 33m to full charge. Once I place it on a fast wireless charger thatā€™s connected to the Samsung fast charger plug, the Note 8 charges at @6.5V & @ 0.7A with an estimated completion time of 1h19m.

What the Anker wireless charger buys you is a product that is certified safe.

Charging temperature: I donā€™t have a temperature probe, so itā€™ll have to be a qualitative statement. The RavPower one and the Note 8 definitely feel warm after about 10 minutes of charging. The Anker one didnā€™t seem to have any noticeable temperature change.

Conclusion: For those who want a wireless charging stand and are concerned about ā€œhighā€ temperature damaging their devices, the Anker PowerPort Wireless 5 is the way to go. For those who want a fast wireless charger, look for one that has ā€œQC2.0/QC3.0;ā€ charging label.

Anker:

Ravpower Fast Wireless Charger

5 Likes

I like how you tested the voltage and Amps! Iā€™ve used a wireless charger in the past, but it was very slow to charge and heated up very quickly. It sounds like the technology has majorly improved with Ankerā€™s wireless charger as I see from the description of the product and what I read in your review. Too bad my pixel doesnā€™t support wireless charger otherwise this would be an easy and efficient method to charge my phone!

I wonder if the fact is is propped up nearer to vertical allows heat to escape faster?

Im thinking because there is more material it allows for better thermal transfer across the whole stand instead of just a small pad

Thereā€™s not vent at the top, so I donā€™t think thatā€™s it. I think it has to do with power output.

Heat does rise, so a vented stand would likely do better with heat dissipation. The RavPower one has vents.

I donā€™t think thatā€™s the case either. The stand doesnā€™t get hot, nor does the Note 8 :slight_smile:

1 Like

No the heat is generated inside the phone, heat by conduction travels to the phone surface then if the phone is nearer to vertical then heat can convect out. When phones are flat the phone itself basically acts as a duvet to keep heat nearer.

1 Like

Yup your correct, I havenā€™t slept in over 36 hours so Iā€™m a bit overtired and wasnā€™t thinking straight

Sorry OP for going off topic
That picture is so mesmerizing :sleeping:

You are getting sleeeepyā€¦

1 Like

36 hours! Get some sleep buddy

I finally crashed, took a while because my body was aching all over. Reason for no sleep is because I worked 1 job overnight and went to the next job right after in the morning and worked until 5 that evening, came home and made dinner for the family and then went right back to work at my first job and then to the next job right after again. So basically two jobs back to back over two days, yay meā€¦Iā€™m dead inside

1 Like

Just received mine yesterday. It works great only downside is the micro usb cable they provide is short. I would have liked a more longer cable. You will mostly likely need a longer cable to reach your outlet from nightstand

Wow, nice testing!

Please note that the PowerPort Wireless 5 Pad and 5 Stand only support 5W standard wireless charging, Anker use high highly efficient components and an advanced chipset to charge 10% faster than other 5W wireless chargers.

Using QC charger will not speed up the PowerPort Wireless 5 Pad and 5 Stand, still 5W .:joy:

But this one is perfect for your Galaxy Note8. A2513 supports Samsung fast wireless charger under a QC charger up to 10W.:sunglasses: