PowerPort Strip PD 2mini - Review

Devices used:
iPhone XR
iPad 2
iPad air 2
2x Kindle Fire 7 kids editions

Charging times:

iPhone XR - Normal wall charged. Started at 50% power - 1hr 30 mins to fully charge
iPhone XR - PowerPort Strip PD 2mini. Started at 50% power - 1hr 15 mins to fully charge

iPad 2 - Normal wall charged. Started at 50% power - 2 hrs 20 mins to fully charge
iPad 2 - PowerPort Strip PD 2mini. Started at 50% power - 2 hrs 15 mins to fully charge

iPad air - Normal wall charged. Started at 50% power - 1hr 45 mins to fully charge
iPad air - PowerPort Strip PD 2mini. Started at 50% power - 1hr 25 mins to fully charge

Kindle Fire 7 kids edition (2 of them) - Normal wall charged. Started at 50% power - 1hr 56mins to fully charge
Kindle Fire 7 kids edition (2 of them) - PowerPort Strip PD 2mini. Started at 50% power - 1hr 25 mins to fully charge

Packaging:
The box was packaged nicely and modern.

The PowerPort is very lightweight. The cable is thick and braided, giving the feeling that it will not crack or fall apart.
It came with a Velcro strap to wrap up the cord while in transit.
Two AC ports on each side for convenient charging, plus two USB-A ports in the front and a USB-C port on the front. ( I don’t have a USB-C device to I was unable to test that port)

The bottom of the PowerPort has a nice feature of a rubber ring around the edge to prevent slipping.

Plugged 4 devices into the hub at once and after an hour of charging, it’s barely warm to the touch.

I tested this at home and in the office and it’s very handy. Convenient to have AC and USB ports right there instead of having wires coming from different areas.

A small, but very very cool feature I liked is that the wall plug where the cable is located, is on an angle, so you can fit it above another plug without having to swap them to fit. Nice thought out feature!

Charging the kids Kindle Fire’s was an ease

Charging four devices at the same time is easy with the hub, and of course there are a few cords in an area, but it’s really convenient.

I really like this hub. I noticed significant faster charging times for the first 20-30%, and then to top off the battery it seemed to take normal time.
If you need a quick top-off for your device, this is the hub for you.
If you travel and have multiple devices that need to be charged at the same time, this is the hub for you.

All-in-all, a great product, solid construction, easy to use, space saving and compact. The fact that you can charge AC, USB-A and USB-C devices all at the same time makes this a must-have.

Thanks, Anker, for letting me test this out! I look forward to being able to test future products.

6 Likes

Great review and loved the charging stats - you can’t beat hands on real life information like that :+1:t2:

1 Like

Thanks :slight_smile: appreciate it. This was my first review on here so I wanted to make sure I did a good job!!

1 Like

And you certainly did a great job.
Product reviews are a great way to show your interest in the brand and gain a few extra bucks in the process.
I’ll look forward to seeing more of your reviews in the future :+1:t2:

1 Like

Great review, thanks for sharing!

1 Like

First rate review! Thanks for sharing your experience with us!

1 Like

Great pictures and review. Good job

1 Like

Well thought out testing and review @Erich_Robinowitz1 thanks for sharing your experience!

1 Like

Nice review and testing photos!

1 Like

Great review and pics! :clap:

1 Like

Great job, the pictures are great.

1 Like

Good made review and test.

1 Like

For a first time review, you did a great job! I’ll look forward to seeing more of your reviews on here in the future. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Great review!!

1 Like

Great review @Erich_Robinowitz1 :ok_hand:

1 Like