PowerPort Speed PD 5

Ease your using a aftermarket 3rd party USB -C to lightning cable it could be that your ipad sees it’s not a MFI cable and limits or restricts power input as to not cause damage to the battery or the device itself.

It is worth trying but even so the ipad could not take full charge anyway. See this test

From these results, the Anker PowerPort+ 5 USB-C can deliver up to 12 watts to the Apple iPad Pro using USB Power Delivery. This means it will charge slower compared to using the iPad’s own Apple 29W USB-C Power Adapter.

They don’t mention the cable used.

:confused:

I do believe someone said before that it was capable of outputting a max of 45 watts via usbc

I have the same question. What would be the best usbc charger for MacBook Pro touch bar

The best charger is the one it came with. If you want an alternative like a power bank, your choices are pretty limited. 30w PD chargers are enough to charge the MacBook while using it if you are doing light tasks(I know from experience). It will charge pretty slow though. I use an omnicharge for my MacBook. It can charge at 60watts through usb c.

I’m tempted to pick this up with the current discount.

I do wish it was 45W USB-C for my laptop. not sure if it even supports PD?

also not IQ 2.0, it might do QC from USB-C to my Galaxy S8+?

would love one charger for travel. this is close.

Yes, it supports Power Delivery. It does not support PowerIQ 2.0 or Qualcomm QC 3.0, but it looks the S8 is compatible with PD charging also, so you could fast charge it through that port.

If you don’t mind waiting, soon Anker will have a 4 port out (2 type A, 2 type C) with up to 100W out via the PD port.

I hope that arrives before my next trip. that sounds perfect.

Sources?

10 Characters

CES

So there’s still a 10 character requirement…

Would this charger be suited for charging the Google Pixelbook?

I am looking to consolidate my chargers when travelling and being able to charge my Pixelbook, two phones and a couple of other bits and bobs would be ideal.

Power Delivery is a higher level of fast charging and can support up to 15V

https://www.androidauthority.com/usb-power-delivery-806266/

I have this on my bedside and this thing is amazing. I can charge so many devices at the same time. Very convenient. I won’t recommend it for daily travel but for extended travels this can be a single charger for the whole family.

1 Like

Hey the reason the third party cable will charge your S8 and iPhone X rapidly and not your iPad Pro 10.5 is because the iPhone X takes roughly up to 9v and 2 amps which equals 18watts to quick charge. Most third party lightning to usb c cables are able to deliver that. The iPad Pro 10.5 on the other hand needs 30 Watts to quick charge and I have not seen any third party cables that are able to deliver that. If you want to quick charge your iPad Pro 10.5 you’re going to need the official Apple Lightning to usb c cable. Hope this helps.

Interesting… Do you say from experience/testing of your own?

Just some minor corrections.

The iPhone X takes up to 29 watts on a 15v rail if you are using an official apple 29 watt charger and USB-C to lighting cable. Slightly lower on third party chargers.

To fast charge the iPad pro, you NEED the official apple charger and USB-C to lighting cable. It simply wont recognize anything else.

Always wondered how fast it charges a MacBook

The PD port is rated for 30 watt on this.

Depends on which model MacBook you have. This charger is rated at 30 watts.