PowerPort Speed 4 with Quick Charge 3.0 specs

Are the 3 IQ ports 5V/2.4A? What are the dimensions of the device? Is it 110-240V compatible?

Looking to buy this for a travel charger to Europe

1 Like

I cannot see the max Amps of the 3 IQ ports. I’d say it is in the 2A to 2.4A output region. Please note that if you add up all the power maximum of all ports and compare with total you are not going going to be able to get all ports running full speed concurrently. QC3 is 18W. If it were 2.4A for the other 3 then they are 12W. 18+36=54 not 43.5. But then that’s no different from many other Anker products like the Powerport4, 5, etc.

1 Like

Thanks for your response.

I was considering the PowerPort4 until I saw this charger. I have a Quick Charge 2.0 compatible phone

The PP4 is 40W / 8A max, and each port is 5V so you can charge 3 devices at max capacity
(5V x 2.4A x 3 ports = 36W).
It says if you charge a 4th device it drops to 2A per port (5V x 2A x 4 ports = 40W)

This device is 43.5W but it doesn’t say anywhere the max amps, or whether the IQ ports are 2A or 2.4A. I assume 2.4 but cant get that confirmed. I will be charging a Quick Charge 2.0 device which is 18W leaving me only 25.5W for the remaining 3 IQ ports, which isn’t alot.

If I am using all 4 ports I was hoping to find out if the charger will drop the QC 2.0 port down to 13.5W to a allow the other 3 IQ ports to still get 30W (5V x 2A x 3), like the PowerPort 4 does.

I assume the device is dual voltage? 110/220V

1 Like

I’d not so much worry about the total wattage vs max per port, because the more devices you connect the less likely all are being fully exploited. Example is I’d have a phone, a tablet, say a Powercore and say a BT headset. The phone if you attempt to use at the same time will drop to typically 0.5A due to thermal throttling, the tablet usually can draw 2A, the Powercore usually 2A and the BT headset often as little as 0.1A , and as each device gets near to fully charged will drop its demand.

If you put a meter on these and begin loading up demand, the voltage and the current tends to drop, that actually initially INCREASES the efficiency of the recharge because that tablet in the above is only needing 4.2V of the 5V so it is in effect throwing away 0.8V but with a typical Anker product it would drop to say 4.8V and then the device (e.g. tablet) is then throwing away 0.6V rather than throwing away 0.8V. So a degree of contention is not a bad thing.

I’d say don’t worry about it, just know in extreme situations of you plug in all devices all wanting a lot of power they will collectively charge slower until one of them lowers their demand (say as they get to 85% charge) then the other devices below 85% begin to charge faster.

What I do is I carry a Powerport 4 and an Aukey 12W. Most of the time I don’t need 40W, but in rare situations I need more then I use a both to get 52W, and if one of them was to fail I have the other as a spare.

I travel a lot too. What I need is not just density but redundancy, so I do not rely on one single product. The Aukey’s weakness is its only 12W and when used gets very hot, but its small so good as 2nd spare backup or to add to the powerful Anker products for rarely needed extra power.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice!

So if I can confirm the 3 IQ ports are 2.4A then I will purchase this, but cant find anything on the web or Anker site

1 Like

This is not from Anker but from a customer

What I cannot work out without the product in hand and applying a meter to the ports, is how it prioritizes congestion of demand, is it one budget for QC and another budget for non-QC, and if one budget then what it drops 1st.

From the above it reads as you have 3 ports sharing 5V 4.8A so sharing 24W, and QC is 18W (12V 1.5A) and 24+18=42. Therefore if that were true if you didn’t have say a QC device connected that 18W to QC is then idle and you’re still stuck with 24W only for the 3 other ports.

I still think you’re unlikely to find it charging slower as its hard to get multiple devices all power hungry at the same time.

Email support@anker.com and ask but currently they seem to be taking 3-5 days to reply.

1 Like

Thanks Nigel. l I will email them and let you know I find out

Robert/

1 Like

Looks like the Amazon customer had it correct. Here is what I heard back from Anker Support:
"Please be noted that the Power IQ port will be 5V/4.8A max shared in total and 5V/2.4A max per port no matter if the QC3.0 port is used or empty.

Also, the output from the QC3.0 port will be 3.6-6.5V==3A/ 6.5-9V==2A/9-12V==1.5A, the specific current will depend on the charging requirements of your devices."

1 Like