PowerPort Atom III Slim Wall Charger - Fast charge and USB-C at the same time?

Im having issues finding out the answer here. I did ask on Amazon but got non-useful responses.

Im looking at getting the " Anker USB C Charger, 65W 4 Port PIQ 3.0&GaN Fast Charger Adapter, PowerPort Atom III Slim Wall Charger with a 45W Power Delivery Port, for MacBook, USB C Laptops, iPad Pro, iPhone, Galaxy, and More" ( https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07ZGHB8SM/?coliid=I1V87WPMKJSDLJ&colid=FTZHH76X8XWJ&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it )

Ive got 1 question. The specs state the USB-C PD is 45W and separate but the 3 USB QC ports share 20W.

My question is, if im charging 1 mobile device (not a laptop) on the USB-C PD can i also fast charge a QC3/PowerIQ3 mobile device using the fast charging mode plugged into one of the standard USB outlets at the same time at the fast speed?

In other words, can i charge my Pixel phone on USB-C and my Tablet that supports QC/IQ3 at the same time with both devices being fast charged?

Im seeing conflicting stats about each power being 5v/2.4a or others it shares 20W between the 3 USBs and so on.

Thanks

2 Likes

Its an odd one @boards1 but one i can’t confidently explain.
There are a few others here who are more knowledgeable and could offer the explanation.
As 2.4a is the max amp per port and 20w is the max watt output what you actually get is dependant on the drain/requirements of the tablet you’re connecting.
If your tablet on accepts specific amps and volts input and the charger can match it it will supply, if it can’t it will default to 5v.
What are the input specs of your tablet?
Post them here and it will allow the more knowledgeable to give you a better answer.

Tablet in question is a Samsung tablet which supports QC3.0 (so variable current and voltage).

Thanks for sharing this info!

OK i took a gamble and bought this but no joy.
The IQ ports on here wont fast charge my Samsung S5E or DJI Smart Controller at all. Don’t seem to be behaving as anything except normal USB-A in terms of power.

So my hunt for a charger that’ll charge my phone (that needs USB PD) and tablets in fast charge continues.

My PowerPort Speed 5 will fast charge both tablets but not the phone as it hasnt got USB-PD.

What items are you looking to fast charge? I might be able to help

Samsung S5E tablet (Supports QC3 + PD) and DJI Smart Controller (basically a QC and USB PD supporting tablet.

One of those 2 along with a Pixel 2 XL (which needs USB PD).

My other Anker charger (powerport speed 5) has 2 x QC ports and both tablets work fast charge on it but it hasnt got a USB C for a PD charging of the phone at the same time.

Im trying to avoid carrying multiple chargers around when travelling so a charger that has at least 1 x USB C PD for the phone and at least 1 x QC port for the tablets.

The poweratom III seems to have IQ and neither device will recognise or fast charge with it.

If you purchased the one you linked and it didn’t work, I’m not so sure the one below will work
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-Charger-PowerPort-MacBook-Laptops/dp/B089XZ5DZZ/ref=mp_s_a_1_31?dchild=1&keywords=anker+charger&qid=1600990041&quartzVehicle=29-405&replacementKeywords=anker&sr=8-31

Seems like you guys in the UK have limited options, hate to say it but you may have to look at other companies