[Contest Ended] PowerPort 2 Elite: Exclusive Community Giveaway

I noticed Kinji deals send out the emails around noon. It’s nice having a constant time to check for deals instead of last few hours before.

Kinja deals here in Pacific time is about 10am which is perfect as that’s normally about time I’ve drained all the higher priority stuff. I must say however that I am only buying for 10 people and there isn’t much we need (*), so it takes a deep discount to shift some $ out of the wallet.

(* we have an awful lot of Anker as it is, might as well be a walking billboard for Anker. One family member was practically causing a bus full of people to think of buying as the Powercore 10000 was shared around in bad traffic with lots of flat mobiles. I did a business trip this week and last week and had multiple people asking “what’s that” referring to the Powerport4)

Waiting on the apparel. My brother who is in tech didn’t know Anker made so many products, so I showed him around the website and got him to subscribe. He’s work with them for a little over a year at his job and is impressed. When ever the chance arises I explain some of the products to people.

1 Like

Anker makes professional-grade power capture and charging products that last. Unlike a lot of third party power accessory companies, Anker meets and usually exceeds the manufacturers’ standards for power supply to their devices.

1 Like

Just in case nobody believed me about the sparking , i managed to capture video tonight !

@neildutta Hi, from the circumstances you’ve described, I’m sorry to say that on this occasion it appears your PowerPort 2 (Not Elite PowerPort 2) is faulty. Please be assured we offer 18 months warranty for this item, would you please kindly contact us via email address: support@anker.com with your order number? We will try our best to make things right for you. :slight_smile:

Have u made sure your homes wiring is properly grounded as well? Theres a gadget you can buy that you plug in and it will tell you if your homes wiring is properly grounded. I had the same problem with outlets sparking like that and turns out some of the plugs in my home were not grounded properly. After I grounded them they became outlets again and not external defibrillators.

1 Like

(thinks)

If you’re needing grounding to avoid sparks, there is an other bigger problem going on. It is rare. Sparks are due to the voltage difference vs the gap. If you need to ground then that says the voltage difference is being increased by something, like one of the wires is picking up a voltage not intended. This would manifest also as an unusually big utility bill as the earthing is dumping energy into the ground.

…thus making your home have an electrical moat per say. :smirk:

1 Like

Canada. ^-^

Nice giveaway. Pick me! I need this in the worst way.

Hi @350zspeed , the competition ended on the 12th May 2017, winners already selected.

1 Like

This looks great I’d definitely would love to win this

Hi @ashandjonny , the competition ended on the 12th May 2017, winners already selected.

Yes I just looks at the dates lol thank you.

This product will come in handy. Fast charging YES… should be an awesome addition to us. Can’t wait.

What devices are you planning to charge? Qualcomm Quick Charging is not supported.

Have you came across this issue?

Nope.

It probably lands into:

• Assuming its not user error, its a dud unit (port).
  • it is not a set of true statements. When says 2.1A was that actually measured? Phones often struggle to take 2A. I’m wondering if comparing measured with Elite against non-measured with the factory charger.
  • cable
  • measured at different times like when phone is different charge level. Fuller charged = lower intake.
  • measured in different usage, a phone when used often draws less than when not used, so unless you have a meter the act of using an app on the phone produces a false conclusion.

Short of “please expand how you measured” it could be anything from a very wrong statement to a very right statement.

3 Likes

Haha my Elite sparked today :joy: I know it’s not a bad thing

1 Like