PowerLine III Review: Meaningful improvements to an already great product line

The Anker Powerline III cable provides subtle improvements over the previous iterations without sacrificing the quality and durability that’s common among Anker cables. I’ve amassed quite a few original Apple lightning cables, and many Anker ones, as well as a variety of other third parties. I’ve had the Apple cables come apart at the strain-relief, where the cable meets the housing of the lightning tip. I’m yet to have any Anker cable fail.

The first thing I noticed about the Powerline III is the texture of the ends. There are fine ridges along the ends of the cable that provide a welcome grippy feel. As a result the plugs are much easier to remove, especially if there is a tight USB-A connection. The cable itself is the opposite, it’s very smooth. They market this as easy to clean, what it really does is make the cable less likely to catch on other things. This is much more important to me. If it doesn’t get caught on things it doesn’t accidentally tug on the cable.

Also, while its thinner than previous iterations it’s still thicker than the official Apple USB A to lightning cable, but thinner than the Apple USB C to lightning. I think it’s a comfortable thickness and one that strikes a good balance.

I’m hoping they start to offer the cable in other color and material variations, but for now it’s my go-to.

Cross posted to (https://www.amazon.com/review/R8VGRYP8F4035/ref=cm_cr_srp_d_rdp_perm?ie=UTF8)

5 Likes

Nice review @Scott_Park thanks for sharing your experience with the cable!

1 Like

Some really good thoughts about the ANKER cables.

1 Like

Great words @Scott_Park
Nice one :+1:t2:

Great review Scott :+1:. Any chance of getting some photos?

1 Like

Nice review

Get some pics up :muscle:t2:

1 Like

Nice review like always pictures would help !

1 Like

Great review, thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Great thoughts and review on the Cable almost bought III for my mom but she needed a 10ft for her application and at the time they didn’t have a 10ft cable. So she got a Powerline II. Her next cable will be a III

1 Like

Welcome to join our family! Thank you for sharing your valuable experience. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like