Powerline+ 6ft Apple Problems?

I’ve been using my Anker’s Powerline+ 6ft Apple cable for the past few years now and it has been so great compared to other cables I have purchased. This is one of the only cables I trust to actually bend around. I had to use the lifetime warranty around 6 months ago and the process was fairly simple. I also bought one for my sister a while ago and she just let me know that hers stopped working as well. Has anybody else had similar problems where the chargers stopped working after around one year? If so, any suggestions/recommendations for how to avoid this problem?

I have 4 Anker Lightning cables (PowerLine 3ft, PowerLine II 3ft, PowerLine+ II 3ft, PowerLine+ II 6ft) and haven’t had any problems so far.

I have actually had the same issue with the Powerline and the Powerline+. However, with the Powerline II, something has obviously improved, as I have had one of these cables for over a year and nothing has happened (this cable has been through much worse).

For a solution, if you have had your cable for less that 18 months, it might be worth sending an email to support@anker.com to see what they say. Even if the 18 month warranty is up, it might still be worth giving it a try.

In reality, there probably is no solution besides being very careful with the cables, or replacing them with the Powerline +2 (even better than the Powerline 2).

Good luck,

paperairplaneguru

1 Like

My advice (for really any cable) it to try and pull it out by the plastic connector piece and do not tug on the cord. Also, try to avoid picking up your phone and pulling it too far away from the charger (I always end up bending and yanking the cord when I do this). The failure point for many cables is where it goes into the plastic connector on each end.

1 Like

My mom’s powerline lightning cable started fraying around the lightning connection. Support just sent me a new cable without questioning. There support is great. This happened after 12 months of heavy use. She only has one cable so she takes it with here everywhere. I’ve been impressed with how long it lasted.

My Micro-USB cables are over 2 years old and doing great. Anker produces 1000s of cables a year. Someone is bound to get one that has some manufacture imperfections or usability failure.

I have found that with the lightning connector, if they get too dirty they charge erratically. So the best thing to do is take a damp cloth and clean the lightning connector end…first unplug it of course and then make sure its dry before plugging it back in.

I have experienced what @elmo41683 is talking about; dirt or gunk on the lightning cable causing bad connection…

I have also seen issues with lint getting caught inside the lightning port on the iphones from being in your pocket all day… take a look inside your lightning port, you may be surprised with what you find inside there…

1 Like

I agree. Check the port. It also wouldn’t hurt to check for lint in the device’s port. And did you try using the cable with other devices?