Powerhouse II Review by Android Central

Looks like a close second to Jackery’s Explorer 500 due to the limited amount of USB ports?

4 Likes

Overall it is fair review but I’ll split some hairs.

This is not powerful enough to power items like your refrigerator, washing machine, dishwasher, etc. So it’s only powerful enough for low power items.

So I’d argue you buy:

• your cooling appliances to be well insulated and you don’t open them when outage, consume fresh then frozen (if its defrosting, then dried, then tinned)
  • you use laptops and tablets which are USB powered
  • you buy Powercore with USB output to power your USB devices.
  • you buy USB powered flashlights
  • you use solar to recharge USB Powercore to stretch for longer.

• Car camping where the long dead bodies of old animals are fueling your vehicle.
  • Human powered from food would not like the higher weight and volume relative to Powercore.

• True but push to get laptops which are USB powered and then seek Powercore.

• fair comments but
  • you should also not buy if you don’t need AC power, as Powercore is a better option on cost and volume basis.

I’d encourage to direct spend towards purging AC devices and towards Powercore. Powercore, multiple thereof will get more use, you can bring 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or… to get the capacity required. A mix of Powercore 26800 45W, Powercore 20000 PD, Powercore 20000 non-PD (is lower cost) and Powercore 10000 (PD or non-PD).

In my house I currently have a Powercore 26800, 20000 PD, 3 10000 PD, and two Bolder LC130, LC90, 5 LC40.

Loved reading the review @Mtsurumo
Can’t beat a real world test of these things.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the review you found :+1:

1 Like

I really want a big battery bank / power station due to constant power outages in Northern California due to fires/fire hazard but so far none have been worth the price factor. Delta makes one that could power our refrigerator lol

Lol I wonder for how much :rofl:

1 Like

About $1400 so more or less the cost of a Honda EU2200 generator. I figured it was a better choice currently to go with a gas generator for our emergency shut offs as it’s easier to get gasoline rather than the 1-2 hour charge (super fast btw as this battery is HUGE) that the Delta 1300 requires.

@AnkerOfficial maybe Anker should make a MASSIVE power station in the future :wink:

This is on our short blackfriday/cyber monday list. We go camping all the time and it would be perfect.

1 Like

Nice review thx for sharing

1 Like

Thanks for sharing!!!

1 Like