Powerhouse 200

I’d really like an update on the powerhouse 200. The end of summer is slowly approaching and It’d be perfect for my camping trips.

Ive been waiting as well

@AnkerOfficial?! It’s true…[quote=“Richard_Craney, post:1, topic:61458”]
The end of summer is slowly approaching
[/quote]

Probably met the chopping block :expressionless:

So you’re obviously talking car camping.

I camp and used a Solar Panel and a Powercore 10000. Cheaper and lighter. Tested in a 4 day off-grid, all worked, next is 3 weeks off-grid.

2 Likes

No jump start?

It’s officially fall. Anyone know the latest on the smaller Powerhouse?

Any updates on the release? I am ready to buy! Also is it the Powerhouse 200 or Powerhouse Mini?

We really need this!

No we don’t.

I am aware of the niche needs of those with breathing difficulties, but in all other cases the need for AC 115V power is better met with changing the device.

So take a 10" tablet with USB needs, rather than laptop with 115V AC needs.

This week I travelled with my 26800 Powercore. If I were just with my phone, I’d get ~ week’s power, if I were with a phone and tablet, say 3-4 days power. The 26800 is the maximum you carry on most flights no questions asked, I got the 26800 out to charge my phone and as the airline’s in-seat power was not working the passenger next to me asked to use also. No problem.

Powerhouse 200, would likely be not used ever. At home, I have a UPS which is heavy but most cost effective than Powerhouse. When on the road and power constrained I take different devices altogether. The Chromebook with 115V AC input does not leave the house, the tablet with USB-C does.

Would be a great highly portable option for charging things like camera gear and drone batteries in the field and powering portable lighting for photography / camping.

Would be even better for camping if paired with the new Powerport Solar 60 if it is ever released beyond Japan.

1 Like

Exactly the kind of use I was thinking.

It could be used for tons of things, and some people like the Anker brand in their electronics. They aren’t for taking on planes.

1 Like

There is a reason companies like Goal Zone, Jackery and EcoFlow are all making mid-high capacity battery “stations” or "packs"with AC. That reason is more then the niche needs of some with breathing difficulties. It is a good sized market that is definitely growing. The rise of Solar generators and the decrease in the cost of batteries has help. These mid sized battery “Stations” are a great way to insure you will always have power no matter the situation. I have an older Anker PowerCore 20100 that is great for travel for work but I would like to have a bigger battery for home/trips to support multiple people and devices.

1 Like

Looks like the powerhouse 200 is vaporware. Announced Jan 2018 for release in the summer and now were 2 months away from Jan 2019. I guess anker didnt have anything new for CES 2018 so they just took an idea for a future product they had and claimed it was real and in production.

I wouldn’t be too sure Anker came out with a lot of new products this year so they might just be in a little behind on production. I’m sure we will at least see an updated model of the original powerhouse with type c input. But this is all just speculation.