PowerCore III 10K Wireless Testing Club still not received the testing Power Bank - what to do?

Hi community to whom should I talk if I still didn’t received the PowerCore III 10K Wireless PowerBook that I should test. Tester announcement was on the Oct 8 and I already Providern my Adresse. I don’t wanted to be banded for upcoming testing rounds. Thanks for your support.

1 Like

They should have given you an estimated delivery date. It would have said if you have not received your prize by this date contact @AnkerSupport. I recommend contacting them if you have not received the email or it has not yet arrived. If the date has not passed be patient. Sometimes it can come the day they promised or weeks before.

1 Like

At the 8/10 Chinese vacations were ending, so you may imagine there was a lot of work to be done after. I am sure you will get the item.
Contact the support again.

Thanks for your reply. Just wrote to Anker support this morning. Crossing fingers that it only to a bit longer.

The competition are run by @AnkerOfficial they should be asked and reply via PM. Don’t share your details publicly.

To keep shipping costs down I’d expect them to ship from local warehouse so delivery will be spread out region specific. Some competitions they shipped everyone direct from China.

@pop.f I would PM @AnkerOfficial it was mentioned on another post that shipping will be later than usual. You testing period is from date of receiving (which they can check via tracking in most cases), so I wouldn’t worry about disqualification from future events.

There is a valid concern, sometimes Anker ships without emailing tracking, so someone doesnt know its coming, and then also sometimes they got lost in post and the end tester didn’t know.

@AnkerOfficial is the go to get shipping info.

Just did now. Over some channels let’s see the outcome

1 Like

Depending on your location @pop.f
I’m waiting on mine, and assuming its coming from Amazon, the in stock date seems to keep slipping back!

Its gone from 2nd Oct to 30th in the last 2 weeks.

Curious.

This has all the impression that it’s simply not heavily stocked and is selling well, many reviews.

It’s getting progressively less relevant to do testing over time as we get collective feedback from owners.

There are some negative reviews but most of them are just owners ignorance, Amazon is a bad way to get truth.

1 Like

The thing is @professor i don’t think it’s ever been in stock on Amazon.
I check in regularly and have never seen it avaliable.
But some of the reviews are from verified purchases, very strange.

1 Like

So all should wait in patience till it shows up .:smiley:
Not in stock at the moment doesn’t mean it will never been delivered.

By the way we had really 18C here in München.
But the forecast says rain.

I cut the tree yesterday.
Now there is a much better monitoring of the neighbors. :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

It has been in stock for weeks, fluctuations in delivery date.

1 Like

Hi all,

Got feedback that the Powerbank is in backlog.

2 Likes

That’s either a sign of popularity (good) or a sign of manufacturing issues (quality control, bad).

It would be great if one of the testers did a teardown. I’m eager to see why it is so physically big, it should be just a little thicker than the 10000 PD but it seems much more than that. Why. Was it because they had to add more metal to conduct heat away?

This is the 2nd version in the range. The one after this one requires this community good testing and feedback and the one most likely to be sell extremely well. I see these converged wireless+power winning but it cannot have a major downside, it cannot be significantly more expensive nor significantly larger, but it doesn’t need to be either. About $3 higher cost and if they embed in the casing, only about 2mm thicker.

That’s really weird @professor
Not saying you’re wrong but I’ve always only ever seen this but with the date dropping back constantly.

I’ve obviously logged on at the wrong times 🤦🏻

Ahh so then we differ only in semantics. You can order it but it’s got a delayed shipping.

The stock is being shipped to Amazon warehouse, consumers are buying it and getting delivered, but the purchase is more than the shipping so its accumulating a slower delivery.

So there’s a planned dispatch to the FBA warehouse.

“Currently unavailable” is out of stock. If folks bought this faster than the planned shipping, then it would become out of stock.

It’s not good to have more demand than supply from a revenue perspective, Anker appears caught out by the popularity, or there is a manufacturing issue (quality control).

1 Like

Send @AnkerOfficial an email

So I have owned a similar sized competitor product for a few years now, I have shown it here and there before. I even did a teardown of the one I had which is encased in metal. The one from Anker appears to be encased in plastic and not metal, judging by its split picture this one is larger due to the added plastic that levels out the surround around the charging coil plate. Without which its charging coils could possibly slide or shift its position, alternatively if they did an imbeded ring on the cover side it could still potentially dislodge if it were dropped. So the larger leveling plate makes more sense.

20201024_154539

Here is the one I have from a competitor , this one uses lipo battery with metal casing and the charging coil is held in place by a cutout in the aluminum housing…but the coil can easily be damaged

The metal guage which forms a Qi transmitter are the thickness of the wire, insulated.

You can see one here

If Anker embedded this in a recess in the upper protective case then it would not significantly impact the Powercore rigidity (which mostly comes from the outside frame) and bring it closer to the phone for improved efficiency (helps when with a phone case).

I’m sure this can be tuned to be thinner lighter, just needs time. Version 3!

What can’t be hidden is the weight. You’d need metal between the Lithium cells and the Qi transmitter, while it can be thin, can’t avoid the weight impact.

So cells, ring, spacer, cover, is what is bulking up the thickness, a cells, ring in cover, no spacer, would be thinner.

The wire looks about 2mm thickness. The casing is similar thickness, so the casing having the wire under a thin layer, recessed in the upper casing, would be thinner.

But I’m not Anker, not the engineer, just squinting and seeing version 3 possibilities.