Powercore II Slim 10000 vs Powercore Elite 20000

I’ve been doing my research and have all 10000s and 20000s power banks narrowed down to two. I don’t know much about tech so my question is Which of the two charges devices faster, specifically my iPhone X?

1 Like

I know you said you’ve been doing your research, and both models you’ve narrowed it down to will charge your device at a very similarly fast rate. However, if you really want the fastest charger for your iPhone X on the go, then the PowerCore Speed 20000 PD paired with a USB-C to Lightning cable from Apple is one of your only options right now.

Otherwise, either PowerCore II Slim 10000 or Elite 20000 will serve you just fine.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t the upcoming PowerCore 13400 Nintendo Switch Edition be the smallest PD power bank capable of fast charging an iPhone X?

I am waiting for it to be released to test it with the iPhone X using an OEM Lightning to USB-C cable (can’t wait for Apple to open up the MFI certification for PD cables so Anker can make a good one)…

Hopefully a Slim 10000 mAh PD PowerCore is in the works, that would be a slam dunk for iPhone X/8/8 Plus owners as well as the upcoming models…

2 Likes

I thought none of the iPhones were compatible with any sort of Qualcomm quick charging?

[quote=“miula, post:3, topic:61355”]
Wouldn’t the upcoming PowerCore 13400 Nintendo Switch Edition be the smallest PD power bank capable of fast charging an iPhone X?
[/quote]Yes, but it’s quite expensive, especially if you don’t have a Switch.

1 Like

You are correct. The model I linked to does not support Qualcomm Quick Charge. It does, however, have Power Delivery, which the latest iPhones support.

1 Like

Ok, so a revision of my original question. Out of the original 2 power banks plus the one you suggested, which one of the three has the best power delivery to charge a device the fastest? See, what my thinking is with the Powercore elite, maximum is 30W. I know that not all 30W will be used, but at least there’s really no limit in case. But what I read on is that it doesn’t really have Fast Charge *not Quick Charge, but is able to get close to the max charge rate. The Powercore slim, I actually forgot why this made my final list. I guess fast charge and slim design?

Also, you said it does Power Delivery. Through which port? The quick charge or iQ? Or both?

[quote=“Ralsten_Nabua_Tersol, post:7, topic:61355”]
which one of the three has the best power delivery to charge a device the fastest?
[/quote]PowerCore Speed 20000 PD is the only one with Power Delivery (through the USB-C port), so it will charge compatible devices the fastest. The 2.4A vs 3A really isn’t going to make a difference as few devices actually take advantage of the extra power.

Total efficiency can be separated in two parts:
a] The electronics Anker designed.
b] Load of the batteries.

Anker has total control over A.
But not over B. The reason is that if batteries have to deliver more power their efficiency goes down.
Compare it with a car. No matter how good the engine is, it starts using more gas when you floor it.

There is a way to keep the batteries efficient. Use more…
A 20,000 mAh power bank likely has double the batteries of a 10,000 mAh versions.
6 vs 3 batteries is a fair guess.
If you drain 3 amps from the powerbank each cell in the 10,000 PB has to deliver 1A. But those in the other PB only 0.5A

1 Like

I think I get it now.
-So PowerIQ<Qualcomm Quick Charge<Power Delievery
But in the case of apple products not compatible with Qualcomm,
-Qualcomm Quick Charge<PowerIQ<Power Delivery?
If that’s the case, it doesn’t look like there’s another portable charger that utilizes power delivery and has more than one port. Is there an upcoming product that might have this? If not, I think I’ll go with the Powercore Elite 20000, even if I’m sacrificing that bit of charging capability.

I hope you realize that the PowerCore Speed 20000 PD has two ports for output. The Power Delivery (method of fast charging Apple’s latest devices use, as well as many of the newest Android phones) is on the USB-C port and Anker’s PowerIQ (not Qualcomm Quick Charge or PowerIQ 2.0) is on the USB-A port, so you can charge 2 devices simultaneously. Of course, the PowerCore Elite 20000 allows you to charge 3 devices at once, but as of right now, the only option to do that with a PD port is Anker’s PowerCore+ 26800 PD, but it’s big and pretty expensive. Of course, more could pop up at any time now, but we just don’t know for sure.

Do you really think you’ll be charging 3 devices at once?

I realized after sending my last thread that the USB-C port can act as input and output, and also realized you already mentioned about the USB-C port in your last comment. Must’ve skimmed through that. I don’t think that I’ll be using 3 ports all at once but for sure 2 ports. At least the third option is there if someone else needed a charge. But now that I realize the Powercore speed has 2 charging ports, I’m pretty sure that’s what I’ll be getting. I currently have an iphone 6s rn but will be getting an iphone X soon. It just sucks that no other manufacturer other than apple makes USB-C to Lightning cables. I found that Apple’s lightning cables break so much more easily compared to the old 30 pin cable. Thanks so much for all your help!

2 Likes

[quote=“Ralsten_Nabua_Tersol, post:13, topic:61355”]
I found that Apple’s lightning cables break so much more easily compared to the old 30 pin cable.
[/quote]Actually, I’ve found that Apple’s USB-C to Lightning cable is way better than the regular USB-A cable that comes included in the box!

2 Likes

I admit that most often I use just one port. But sometimes
I even use 4 ports. The reason isn’t really that I need to charge so many
devices at the same time, but that charging takes lot’s of time. So one device
may be charged up to 60% when you add the next device. So it’s not that plug in
all devices at the same time but I keep adding them so to say. During
intercontinental flights my laptop is usually plugged in constantly. So that’s
already 1 port constantly in use. The other ports go to other devices.

Maybe they could be plugged in shorter. I mean perhaps they were fully charged an hour before I checked. I call that luxury. Or a better user experience. I just plug everything in and don’t have to worry to swap them at the right time. Everything is plugged in, so I don’t have to worry about anything.

Sometimes I’m short on charging ports like when staying in an hotel. Then I plug my devices into the power bank and the power gets charged from a simple wall charger.

2 Likes

So you use non-Anker? Since no 4 port selection

Yes my big powerbank is another brand. I just fitted my needs better. 4 ports. But also full power from all the ports. No thinking like “thing high power device goes into port 1 and
the other in the low amp port 3”

I really considered Anker and some of their things are better than on my bank.
I’m again in the market for another big powerbank because one isn’t enough in
all situations.

1 Like