PowerCore II Portable charger 10000mAh

In one of the FB postings it mentions stock back late May / early June so wait a couple of weeks.

I for one think Anker should shrink its product set, too many, confusing and they make each in smaller quantities so stock vanishes too easily.

2 Likes

I said this months ago. Also, why is the PD PowerCore+ out of stock…?

1 Like

I know, its dumb at so many levels. My recommendation is to terminate product lines and focus on keeping a smaller product set in stock.

I could be wrong in this observation: it is the Lithium Polymer newer products which run of stock more easily, the older 18650 based Lithium seem to be kept better in stock.

2 Likes

I keep forgetting. We think the only power banks with the new batteries are the PowerCore II 10000 & 20000, correct? Also, what are your thoughts on the new batteries?

1 Like

Not necessarily complete:

• Slim 5000
  • Car starter
  • II 20000
  • II 10000

This is based on their shape. The square corner ones vs the rounded corner ones.

Also it does a disservice to Anker to use mAh, because the Voltage is higher on Li Poly. There is more actual energy (about 6%) in the II 10000 than the 10000.

2 Likes

So probably not the new PD PowerCore right?

1 Like

The PD looks more like just a modified 26800. So that’s 4 wide 2 tall so 8 cells of 3400mAh 18650 = 27200 so they are playing safe calling it 26800. It is a 27W output.

The 26800 before it was 30W output made up of 3 ports each 3A max sharing 6A total, 5V. So they went backwards with USB-PD.

The input to the 26800 was 2x2A5V = 20A input but from the reviews is seems like the 26800 PD is only 15W input, again going backwards.

Or in other words, the PD is hardly a step forwards, more of sideways to slightly backward step. Where is gained is it took existing mature technology and modified it slightly to suit those wanting USB-PD. Oh and they charged about $23 more for it.

Caveat: I only know what Anker have written, I’ve not torn these apart.

1 Like

Thoughts on the PowerCore II 20000
One downside might be the lack of IQ 2.0

1 Like

I don’t know if its IQ1 or IQ2. But to be honest - as the end consumer - we should not care, it is size, weight, performance, cost.

2 Likes

Does anyone know what the dimensions and weight of this unit are? Considering it promotes its’ ‘slimness’ as a key selling point, the dimensions are remarkably elusive both on Anker’s web site and on the internet in general.

1 Like
1 Like

Well it doesn’t have QC. 3 out 2 in seems pretty good. Might be too large for your liking, though.

1 Like

Huh? The Powercore II 10000 is QC input and output. If you’re referring to Powercore II 20000 then it isn’t QC.

It is a confusing mess of names and the port colors used to be blue for QC but now not.

1 Like

I was talking about the PowerCore II 20000. Seems somewhat compact.

Still kinda surprised they went with QC on the 10000 and not the 20000

1 Like

This one is the same size as the 10400, but with 260 mAh more. It’s also 3A vs 2.4 I believe.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Z9QVE4Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_BPalzb510QN3K

1 Like

Do you have the PowerCore+ 20100 for your Pixel C?

Most people only own one QC device - phone. So in a multiport device like II 20000 you’d have overkill all 3 ports being QC. In one port smaller powerport it would primarily be used for phones, hence QC.

If you look across nearly every Anker product they have that paradigm, usually if there is QC it is single port.

This is why QC as a port and charging tech has to die, it is a dinosaur when compared with USB-PD. Inside the phone obviously you have QC to intelligently charge the battery but that’s true of every phone you have to alter the charge to the battery, with a progressively higher voltage and lower current and lots of stepping from the input power, just I don’t see why the input can’t be USB-PD over USB-C then we have one universal port, one universal power delivery, and differentiation is inside each end of the wire over the USB-PD standard. It would vastly simplify everything.

The children suffer as the adults bicker.

Betamax anyone?

2 Likes

“The PowerCore II Slim appears to be the first PowerCore battery pack to include Anker’s new chipset, which delivers the fastest possible charging speeds to every USB device you own, including Quick Charge 3.0. That said, you’ll notice it’s not actually a Qualcomm-certified Quick Charge 3.0 product; it just replicates the tech on Anker’s own chip. That means less internal circuitry, and more room for battery, resulting in one of the thinnest 10,000mAh battery packs ever made”

So what is the truth here @AnkerOfficial is it a secret QC3 but can’t say officially?
Has anyone benchmarked, or better metered, this relative to QC3 other Powercore?

Ah, so that’s what IQ 2 does…

I ordered one. Should be here Tuesday. I’ll let you know. I sure hope it’s QC… that’s why I bought it. If it’s not, I’m sure Anker will understand.

A couple things to note:

• It shows it charging a QC 3 device (and mentions it)
  • If it wasn’t QC, it would say so like all of their other power banks.
1 Like

If Anker wanted to be truly clever:

• they’d accept any type of Volts, Amps, then would charge off unregulated solar.
  • they’d output any type of Volts, Amps, with 2 or 3 ports of popular types and a BT app on your phone to dial a custom Volts/Amps to then power non-USB devices like laptops.

Smaller batteries don’t need the BT app, but larger 26800 could benefit.

Anker would so corner the market if they did this.

It is only electronics and they are only limited by imagination.

2 Likes