Powercore+ 26800 plus Asus Chromebook c100p =?

I think I need an engineering consultation on this one… I have an Asus Chromebook c100p device which has an AC adapter that produces 12v 2a 24w output. I also have a Powercore+ 26800 device which produces 5v 3a 18w. While the volts and watts are short, the amps are sufficient. Is there any hope that I might be able to recharge the Chromebook from the battery if I were to come up with a compatible USB-DCIN cable? This is probably just a crazy idea which may not work at all, but I have a very long international flight coming up and I’d love to know if it might be possible to cobble something together.

I feel you know the answer already.

I travel a lot also. I also own a Chromebook, in fact I’m typing this on Toshiba Chromebook 2, I am a little prouder today as I managed to replace battery and screen via screwdrivers and YT guides but the power cord into the Chromebook is the next weakspot (it is wobbly loose).

The Chromebook tends to not like the leaving home. It’s just too fragile. I have had to buy a total of 3 replacement screens across the total of 10 laptops I maintain for friends/family as the screen flexes too easily and cracks. I know why: the use of plastic in the shell is not strong enough, if you replace with metal it makes it very heavy.

Recommendation:

Buy a different device, one intended for travel which is USB input. There are plenty out there from Lenovo, Dell, Asus, etc. They are physically designed differently for travel, often with metal cases to handle being squeezed up hard against other items so the screens don’t break, and (to your question) will take USB input and then can be recharged off a Powercore.

1 Like

Yeah, I had a strong suspicion that this probably wouldn’t work. Stupid Chromebook. Oh well! Regardless, I utterly love my Powercore. I charge just about every other one of my electronic devices from it when I am away from home. Thanks for the feedback!

I you like Chromebooks there are ones with USB-C input for recharging, most Anker products will have a common denominator of at least 2A so 10W which is sufficient to either slow the rate of discharge or often enough to slowly recharge, some Anker Powercore go up to 3A like the Powecore II 20000.

I have a Chromebook which doesn’t leave the house much now and I use a Google Pixel C for my travel laptop and an old Nexus 7 2013, both of which like everything Anker. As my Pixel C is ingest at about 2.6A input, my usual battery I travel with is the Powercore 10000 which is a 2A output so what I do is I plug in the Powercore at the start of a long flight and it empties itself into the Pixel C not far off the drain rate so I usually am still at 100% charge of the tablet when the Powercore is discharged. The Nexus 7 can only ingest at about 1.3A so it is easily able to keep charged and a fast recharge off 2A.

I broke down and got a new Asus C302CA Chromebook, and it is able to be recharged via my Powercore battery! Couldn’t be any happier with this solution now.