PowerCore+ 26800 PD and the Huawei Matebook X

Hello everyone!
I recently purchased the Huawei Matebook X and I am interested in using the Powercore+ 26800 PD for on the go charging. Can anyone confirm if anker’s product will work with this laptop and charge it using power delivery? Where can one go to in the future to find this information out. I’ve been researching for a few days now and haven’t gotten any information on PD support.

Implies 24W USB-C Power Delivery.

The Powercore+ 26800 PD is 30W USB-C PD.

SO that implies it will work.

However, the official Huawei site doesn’t mention USB-PD anywhere so that implies is a proprietary port.

Ideally borrow a Powercore and see what happens. If you cannot, then on balance the link above gives some confidence it will probably work.

Thank you for the information. Ufortunately the link you provided is about the Matebook as oppossed to the Matebook X which is indeed a different product. Thank you for your speedy efforts though. The Matebook X has a 41.4 Whr charger @ 7.6V interesting spec yes? I assume it will slow charge this device, since it is a nonconventional profile, But I would love to confirm this if anyone has tried it.

Slow charge isn’t that bad an idea when you factor cost. The 26800 was a low price earlier, not now. 10W output can be still enough to slow the discharge and the 26800 is a 20W recharge and use lower cost 10W sockets.

It’s what I do in this period we don’t really know what works with what.

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from PowerCore+ 26800 PD and the Huawei Matebook X:

Can anyone confirm if this product will charge the Asus Zenbook 3? The Zenbook 3 UX390 does support Power Delivery.

Asus’s own site specifications do not actually say USB-C Power Delivery. Where have you seen it is specifically USB Power Delivery said directly by Asus?

I only see

20 V DC, 2.25 A, 45 W

Now then the 26800 PD is actually USB Power Delivery, it is 30W.

So the problem you could encounter is the Powercore says “want 30W ?”, the Asus says “but its not 45W so no thanks” so they then agree to settle on 5V 2A 10W and you’re no better off.

To illustrate this negotiation down to a lower common denominator can be see here with a Mac, here the laptop can ingest at 30W and the Anker can give 30W but they negotiated to a common lower 12W. So the concern is very real and very hard to predict.

My earlier comment, you’d have to get someone try this exact precise combination of this Powercore with this laptop to know, there are too many variable and no public statement on Asus side saying Power Delivery, means it could be just not Power Delivery, it could be just a USB-C type port which expects 20V 2.24A, just like a proprietary laptop charger pretending to be PD via having a port shaped USB-C.

This site says they tested 2 chargers
one of which is a 30W Anker USB-PD so that gives some hope that the Asus will negotiate down from 45W and accept Anker’s 30W. But its still not 100% assured, you need Asus to say more or someone to test for you.

I know I’m not helping, just warning you given the $ expensive all around.

Some testing results of the Powercore 26800 PD here.

This doesn’t make me criticize Anker specifically but causes me to criticize the current state of deployment of Power Delivery acoss the industry, currently it is mid-way between proprietary individual laptop chargers to a future open standard but often currently its a false expectation.

In my case I’m protecting myself from the current PD mess by proactive charging, 5V 2A-2.6A is still useful, just you can get it at lower cost in other 26800 like this one which was on sale last week. The proactive method is when you’re sat down you plug in the 26800 and let it output 12W (typically), it has basically 100Wh so it takes ~8 hours to fully discharge itself to empty and chances are your laptop takes about the same to drain its internal battery so basically the 26800 12W is discharging itself about the rate the laptop needs power anyway, i.e. 12W input is often enough to keep up with a laptop and keep it full or near full anyway. This is done cheaper than the opposite, of reactive recharging where you wait til your laptop is nearly empty and then wait to plug in a 26800. In this case you risk if you have too low a Wattage for the laptop to drain faster than recharge and laptop turns off early.

You see two choices and why I’m parked on the proactive method currently?

1 Like

still on sale (ends tonight)

I got my $30 one here still :slight_smile:

It is still my recommendation if you have a lot of Watthours needs, density, recharge 20W via low cost compact Powerpor2/4/5. It works well. I’d not buy one myself now likely as I think I’d prefer to carry if paying >$40 two 10000 for $20 each as its a little more reliable if you’re going a long time on the move.

Hi @Richard_Laskowski,

Thank you very much for bringing this issue to our attention via the community and we do truly appreciate the professional response from @nigelhealy which has helped a lot of the concerns. Sorry for our late response as we have a further discussion with our internal team before any posts.

As far as we know, the Huawei MateBook X is charged by its own adapter via USB to USB-C which is different with the USB-C to USB-C Power Delivery charging agreement. We regret to inform you that our PowerCore+26800 PD portable charger is unable to charge the Huawei MateBook X as well as the Asus Zenbook 3 due to the incompatibility, though it supports the Power Delivery.

Our PowerCore+26800 PD usually can output around 27W to charge devices via the PD port. The Asus Zenbook 3 requests 45W to power up, it will not have negotiation agreement with our PowerCore+26800 PD since it can only output 27W. Therefore, it cannot be charged.

While when the PowerCore+26800 PD charging the MacBook Pro 2016, it will accept a charge from what the PowerCore+26800 PD provides and they have an agreed negotiation under the Power Delivery charging agreement. So the Power Delivery charging is depending on the negotiation between the two parties. Unfortunately, we do not have a portable charger that can charge these two laptops at this moment. Our team keeps working on creating new products and you can stay turned around to our website to get the latest information.

Thanks again for your interest and support to Anker. Have a nice weekend!

1 Like