Powercore+ 26800 long recharge time

I just purchased a Powercore+ 26800 Model A1374. It didn’t come with a wall charger so I bought a Powerport+ 1 Model A2013. When I charged the 26800 it took over 24 hrs to recharge. That was with 3 indicator lights left on the dial. I thought the 26800 would only take about 8 to 10 hrs to recharge. Not sure what the problem is. Did I get the wrong wall charger or is there something wrong with the battery?

1 Like

What kind of cable are you trying to use to recharge the powercore? Not all cables are capable of fast charging a device, also not that while the powercore is qc compatible it does not utilize that standard to charge the device itself. The powercore does however utilize fast charge so it should still charge faster than standard power packs when using a high output charger, of course again it comes down to the cable being used to charge the device

1 Like

You bought this

Using a QC charger it should

You also bought this

Which is a QC charger therefore it should be 10 hours, you have the right charger for the battery, so the root cause to be eliminated.

If it is not then I’d look at a different cable, oh and don’t say you used the supplied cable, it can be at fault. The thicker and shorter the cable the better.

If a different cable is no better then its either the charger or the battery at fault. Presumably you bought QC charger+battery as your device is QC. Try that charger with your cables in a QC phone and see if its recharging as fast as claimed, if so then we eliminated it back to the Powercore at fault. If it doesnt then after trying 2 cables it should be the charger’s fault, use the charger which came with your device which (assuming your bought QC Powercore due to wanting QC for QC device) should be QC itself.

Hence in sequence

Eliminate cable - Try different cable - if this fixes it then was cable fault, otherwise continue
Eliminate charger (you need a QC device like a QC phone) - Connect the charger to your device, two different cables. If this fails you know it is the charger at fault. For completeness do the next steps anyway
Try your non-Anker QC charger (you got with your QC device e.g. phone) with the cable you found worked above with the Powercore. If this fails then you know the Powercore is at fault.

Once you know what Anker is at fault, then email support@anker.com with your order details, serial numbers of the affected parts and evidence you tried to eliminate causes via different cables and chargers, and they’ll set you right. It is currently about 1 to 2 working days for Anker to reply so if you put all the facts in 1 email at the start you’ll get to resolution fastest.

6 Likes

Elmo - I am using the cable that came with the Anker A2013 QC wall charger. I assume it would be of the correct gauge wire to achieve the QC time. The cable provided is rather short, about 6 inch.

Nigel - I will try another cable next time I recharge the battery to see if that makes a difference. Both the battery and wall charger are new so I would be surprised either would be defective. But, it can happen. So I will try to determine where the fault lies.

Thanks for your feedback! Much appreciated.

Odly enough the cable that came with my powercore doesn’t allow me to enable fast charging on my phone and similar with using it to recharge the powercore. I ended up using a powerline + cable to charge the device and my phone. Works much better. Not sure if it’s a fault of the cable or what but it didn’t bother me having to use a different one

1 Like