PowerCore 26800 charging problems

Bought the Anker PowerCore 26800 about a month ago. I love it. It charges up fast and charges my phone, my wife’s phone, my son’s phone and my son’s iPad multiple times without having to be recharged. Recently, though, it’s been blinking blue when plugged in to power and it’s not charging. What does this mean? Is it charging, or is there an internal problem and it needs to be returned under warranty? I bought it for our upcoming trip to Disney World and I need it to work. Thanks in advance!

Cory I.

Try different charger, try different cables. Of problems persist then email support@anker.com quoting your original order number and the serial number.

Hi @Cory_A_Imel, sorry to hear about your issues with your PowerCore 26800. While is it normal for the lights to be present as it is charging, the lack of charging sounds like a possible problem. Have you tried using different cables and/or wall charger to eliminate the issue? Regardless, feel free to reach out to support@anker.com with your issue and they can help you troubleshoot further and/or replace under your 18 month warranty.

I’m using Anker PowerIQ charger and cables, tried multiple outlets, multiple configurations and I get the same result. The charger gets very hot, then the 26800 gets hot, both within 10 minutes of being plugged in. I’m in the US so I ordered thru amazon, but can get my order number thru there. I had to order the PowerIQ charger and the 26800 separately, and I’m not sure which is the problem because they’re both malfunctioning.

Thanks for the replies.

So you have you or have you not tried different cables and different chargers?

I just tested all of my USB cables and 25% of them were dud, one of them (an Anker one) would cause drain rather than charge.

It is probably the cable, they fail most often, followed by the Powercore followed by the Powerport.

All I’m suggesting this for is because you can nail the warranty in 1 email rather then Anker ask you to to test as per my suggestions. Anker need the serial number (off the packaging) and then they usually just ship a replacement to you and so you’re whole in a few days.