PowerCore 13000: how to keep it always on?

Hi, I need to keep my powercore 13000 always on, in order to power up my camera for long timelapsing.
Unfortunately it shuts down automatically after 30 sec or so, like it is not powering anything.
Any idea on how to solve this? thank you

1 Like

That is normal to shut off its energy consuming electronics after your device has got to trickle charge.

The workaround is to use its multiple ports to power something additional which is drawing just enough to keep it awake. Think of something low power like a small USB light.

Bear in mind that that added load will cause the 13000 to itself run down its power faster, potentially not long enough for your intended purpose.

4 Likes

Thank you for your quick answer, I was thinking about the same.
The only USB low-power draining device I thought of is a led light like this one:

which consumes 1watt…do you have anything else to recommend?
thank you!

1 Like

I do the same when i charge my bluetooth headphones, with the other port charging my phone.

This guy confused me thinking he was David spades :joy::joy:

I posted a similar sentiment previously about the need for an always on “dumb charging” mode on Anker powerbanks:

With the likely proliferation of low power Bluetooth devices over the next few years like wireless headphones, this will be a feature much in demand. If the powerbank has two output ports, it is possible to keep the charging circuit on by simultaneously plugging in a higher draw device like a phone. But Anker powerbanks are only dual port above 10,000mah and not everyone wants or needs such a large pack. My favourite powerbank is the superlight 5,000 Powercore Slim and that has only one charging port.

In the days of physical switches on powerbanks, this was no problem. But those tiny mechanical switches weren’t too robust. There are other brands of powerbank currently available that have a keypress sequence (e.g.: double click) to turn on the “always on” mode for low power device charging.

It would be great see Anker implement such a feature on their powerbanks. As it stands, there’s no means to charge my Soundbuds Surge earphones!

I use a Mini+ when I know I need to regularly recharge buds.

I’ve tried with the USB Led light, in order to keep it on, but it does not work. Auto-power off activates anyway.
I’ve tried the same with a GoPro Hero6 and instead it is working, meaning that it stays ON and it charges the camera while timelapsing.
Any other idea on what should I try?
Thank you

Unfortunately this can not end well. You can attempt ever higher draws til you keep the output always on but then the 13000 will just drain faster.

Example higher draws is an old phone doing something progressively more, begin with the in airplane mode and work your way up

One idea is that the 13000 is too clever, it auto turns off each port independently intelligently so can never do what you want and so buy something different.