PowerCore 10000 -- is it charging?

I just purchased a PowerCore 10000 PD+, which isn’t even listed as an Anker product.

It’s been plugged into the USB port on my laptop for hours, and I can’t tell whether it’s charging or not. There’s one solid blue light, and one flashing light. Is anything happening? And is there another way to charge this thing?

Thanks.

You bought at Walmart?

What’s the product code?

It’s on package and the unit, send photos.

It’s probably the 10000 PD+ which if you read the manual in the box probably says needs a 18W 9V 2A input. You’re probably giving it 5V 1A. So it’s charging slower.

PD you should not charge off laptop as you may discharge instead.

Buy this to charge it.

2 Likes

Thank you. Yes, I bought it at Walmart out of desperation – a hurricane is coming, and my other external charger bit the dust.

I can’t find the one you recommended locally, so I ordered it from Amazon. Unfortunately, it won’t arrive until September 2. I’ll just have to hope the power doesn’t go out this time, although it does seem to be charging VERY slowly.

1 Like

Depends what your laptop is giving out, but my best guess is 5W so you’re looking at around 10h.

See if there’s another charger you have. Look around for something with USBC port saying 9V 2A PD.

The Powercore you bought has little information online, it’s nearest equivalent is saying

So look for chargers with higher wattage as above.

Also use the shortest USB cable you can find, if it’s 5V it will lose power in a longer cable.

2 Likes

I t’s probably charging really SLOWLY