PowerCore 10,000 mAh - Review

The truth is that this beats charger is the only handy 5V 2A I have. The iPad is too big with its 2.4A and the iPhone charger is too small with its 1A… I think it’s time to buy an Anker charger :joy:

1 Like

Check your power user page there might be one there

1 Like

Great detailed review :thumbsup:

1 Like

Yes, right! If an Anker charger will come up on the power user page I already see a mileage review and a comparison with the beats one :joy::smile:

Thanks @Oggyboy I appreciate it! :smile:

1 Like

:thumbsup: on the review. The 10000mAh, to me, is the perfect size for most things. I have the PowerCore 10000 and now the PowerCore II 10000. When I know that I will be out and about longer then usual and shooting with my GoPro, I carry the 10000 in my backpack. But if I know that it will just be a casual day and I might need it to just charge my iPhone 6s or Apple Watch, I’ll carry my Astro E1 6700mAh. Either way, neither has let me down. 10000mAh is ideal for me because it’s not too big and heavy to carry but also not too low on battery.

1 Like

I completely agree @Nhi. The PowerCore 10,000 mAh saves me every time during ski when I have to charge the gopro and the iPhone. The cold drain out the battery of my devices very quickly.
The only limitation is that this model of PowerCore has only one usb output, but I think it’s a good compromise considering the size and weight of this fantastic portable charger.
I’m also waiting for Astro E1, I think it will be delivered next week. One question: The Power User page shows 6700 mAh as the capacity of Astro E1, but if I click on the image, the amazon page that opens will show 5200 mAh. What should I consider?

Great review! Thanks for sharing, @JohnWatson!

1 Like

Thank you @TechnicallyWell!

Nice review John! Great looking product at a reasonable price.

1 Like

Thanks! :smile:

Great pictures, you literally included everything there is to include in those pictures :slight_smile:

I like the icons that divided the sections as well haha

nice!!!

1 Like

Hahaha :joy: in the full review (first link) there is also another section about shipping with these icons :mailbox_closed::mailbox:

Yeah I’ve always told myself that I should divide my reviews into sections but I end up just writing stuff that flows to my mind.

I should start to divide my reviews up, I personally like reading reviews that are broken up, so I would assume people like these kinds of reviews better.

1 Like

Also at the beginning I was just writing stuff that flows to my mind in an unorganized way. But I think dividing the review into sections having an organized scheme, an hypothetical reader can choose to read shipping data, unboxing, objective data, my tests, and my personal opinion or go straight to the conclusion. I think it’s way better.

2 Likes

The 6700mAh version is the newer model. I am very impressed with the size and weight of the 6700. I just recently got into using my iPhone 6s for macro photography and walking around with the camera app, really drains the battery. So now, I stuff the 6700 in my back pocket and can be out as long as I want, chasing bugs and flowers :stuck_out_tongue: . Love love my Anker battery packs. I almost feel greedy, hoarding batteries from Anker. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Very good review I own one too it’s really useful to carry around.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification @Nhi
Everyone love Anker battery packs :joy::heart_eyes:

I’ve got the Astro E1 2nd gen which is 5200 - the newer ones are 6700 mAh. The form factor of the Astro is sweet - it fits well anywhere and it’s my go-to backup battery for every situation. But I do agree with @JohnWatson that, all things considered, the 10,000 is probably the best value.

1 Like

Just arrived Astro E1… review coming soon :smile:

1 Like