PowerConf - Volume Increase

I recently purchased an Anker PowerConf to use with TEAMS instead of spending all day using my headset.

I love the design and the audio quality, however during some calls the volume will increase to maximum without me touching or adjusting any thing either on m,y laptop or the PowerConf.

The only way to resolve the problem is to power down and power back up.

I have tried this connected both wired and via Bluetooth and the same occurs?

Have anyone else experience the same problem and if so how did you fix it?

I have seen this issue on MS teams and occurs on regular headsets, not sure if this applies to your case or not.

Please refer to below link

I have a Plantronics Bt600 Wireless Headset, and I have never had a problem with it with any applications.

@warren_seeley Some more questions:

Does the volume increase happen for MS Teams only with PowerConf?
How is the behavior with other headset or Laptop built-in speaker?
Is PowerConf Updated to latest firmware v26.48?
Are you using the Teams App Or Browser ? Any difference using it on App Vs Browser?

I would suggest the below:

1. Re-create the issue
  2. capture a video of the issue
  3. Include all the items in this thread and Send the video to Anker Support support@anker.com , this will help support in analyzing the issue and faster resolution.

They should be able to help.

We’re you able to resolve the issue? After a week of use (primarily using Webex) the volume increases suddenly started happening for me too.

I have the same problem and have experienced it in multiple conferencing environment - Zoom, Teams, and WebEx. We have a second one of these that does NOT have the same issue, so there is clearly an issue with the device itself. Any fixes from Anker would be welcome - it’s a central part of my work / teach-from-home setup, and I may just return it to get something that works better.

After I updated the firmware the problem went away and I have not experienced the issue since.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll try this.