PowerConf - not working as intended

Looking forward to it. All of my closest needs are non-professional, family phoning other elderly / distant friends / family, the device would be a phone making phone call, or running hangouts, skype, etc.

So, after of the multiport hype, this is just a tabletop headset that needs to be connected manually to each source as needed then?

That is how all the Soundcore work, if AUX is connected, BT doesn’t work. It is common for wired over wireless.

But for rrp $99, you’d expect more intelligence.

1 Like

Soundcore Nano does pretty much what PowerConf does - act as a conference speaker (for only 1 user though - not multi-user) plugged in and I have been using it for almost 2 years,

a bit more is expected from PowerConf.

For my daily use cases - i am attending 95% of all my calls on PC (Softphone, WebEx, Zoom, …) so this limitation does not really affect me.

But a feature for connecting both devices at same time, and routing First Active Audio Stream from connected device is the one feature I strongly believe will make PowerConf the personal conference device stand apart with whatever is available in market.

If Active Audio Routing is not possible - then completely disable Bluetooth functionality while PowerConf connected via USB-C to PC. This removes the whole ambiguity about Multi-Point.

I am currently working with Anker Support and sent these to them

Hey @Shenoy what do you mean by active audio stream?

The point is: There have been reviews out there claiming the PowerConf can do exactly this. The technical term for this feature is called “multipoint”. One can still be found at Amazon. Unbenannt

So either this was a feature which somehow disappeared or there were some nice bought fake reviews out in the fields…

And I am glad to hear so many of you have such a super experience with the Anker support. Well. Look at this topic here. When has it been started? When has Anker support reacted? Cool?

I dont own Powerconf, but reading the words there are different points. Connecting multiple BT devices, vs wired over BT.

Windows 10 Laptop --> connected over USB-A to USB-C (C end connects to PowerConf)
iPhone 11 Pro – > Connected over Bluetooth to PowerConf

Active Audio Stream – If there is an call coming first on Windows or iPhone, that first Active Audio needs handled on Priority by PowerConf.

At present, BT connects to PowerConf even while it is plugged into PC, but there is no audio routing to it via BT.

1 Like

@benjamin18 I wouldn’t really blame Anker for a user’s review on Amazon, since this is not what Anker quotes, but more of a user’s experience. It mostly looks like either the user did not test the PowerConf functionality properly and wrote the review based on the detail that - PowerConf was connected to PC as well as over Bluetooth to phone, and never really tested the Audio output from phone in this setup. There was a previous mention about Multi-point by Anker, and I believe this has been removed from Amazon now.

Down the road, based on the feedback from users like us, we may (:crossed_fingers: ) see the requested feature added to PowerConf,

Nice one @Shenoy
I was thinking its was something else, thanks for the explanation.

1 Like

Received promising response from Anker Support today, so fingers crossed!

2 Likes

Good news matey. Hope you’re having a great Friday!

I hope Anker will update their firmware soon as I have already bought this based from the review having “multi-point” , I believe this can be done by a firmware update.

@johndjp with the latest PowerConf firmware, it already support multi-point – connects to the PC via USB-C & Smartphone via Bluetooth … and routes audio from both the devices… you need to check it out if it suits your requriement.

Hi @Shenoy , Thanks for the information , does this mean I dont need to disconnect the usb from the PC and works with bluetooth at the same time?

What is the best way to upgrade the firmware? can you send me the latest compatible link?

Thanks!

Yes / that is correct. You can keep PC cable connected as well Phone connected via BT

Option to upgrade PowerConf firmware is via the Soundcore App (on iOS APP Store as well as Google Play store)

1. Install the app on Smartphone
  2. Once powerconf is paired to Smartphone, launch the app, sign in if required.
  3. Go to speakers - > More
  4. Choose PowerConf and connect

5. Once connected, there will be a pop-up for firmware upgrade.
6. Confirm and complete the upgrade

2 Likes

@Shenoy , Thanks for the big help ,I just upgraded all our device’s firmware and will test it later!

Anker should give you freebies for helping out here, lo.

Thanks again!

1 Like

@johndjp glad to help!

do test and let us know if it works for you, as required.

1 Like

Hi!
I tested it with the S3 and this is now working So you can connect the device with the cable to the PC and over bluetooth with the mobile Phone.
One issue solved. But the point to connect 2 devices at the same time via bluetooth is still not working.
@Shenoy: Do you know was the answer from Anker also about 2 bluetooth connections at the same time?

1 Like

Wish I’d found this thread before ordering. Have just picked one up and finding that I can only have one bluetooth device at a time extremely frustrating!