Powerbank that has Wireless charging?

I just saw a powerbank from some seller on amazon about a powerbank having a built-in wireless charging pad. So I did a quick search on google for an Anker product that does the same thing and can’t find it.

Does Anker make Power Banks that has a wireless charger inside ? So I don’t have to worry about losing a cable with me and just put my phone on top of it. Maybe Anker will start making them? :open_mouth:

Hi Luke. No, Anker does not make, and yes, others do make.

I would advocate that portable energy and wireless charging is not a smart combination, because wireless charging efficiency is low. You’d be wasting a lot of that precious energy causing currents in non-useful parts.

I accept the cable problem, and I’d advocate Anker should make portable chargers with built in cables, as well as really short cables.

My understanding is Anker’s biggest selling (and 1st?) product is the lipstick shaped and if they just included a short cable then that would sell well. Different versions for all the cable types (Lightning, MicroB, C).

3 Likes

I sort of agree with you with the built-in cables but I also have an idea about that. What if they don’t have to have an adapter for each plug but instead using magnetic plugs?

Just like this:

And then anker don’t have to use a lot of the space for the powerbanks and instead put it towards more battery capacity. But then, it will be easier to lose those magnetic unless they figure out a way to hide them inside the powerbank after using it.

The problem with adapters is you lose them. For a couple of years my go-to for travel was this:

It was the perfect answer to the most common problem, it was “all you need” and slim and no need to carry a cable. I still wish Anker made that kind of product.

And then I got a OnePlus2 and it was USB-C so then it ended up with an adapter on the end of the poking out cable.

1 Like

I keep trying to convince myself to buy the 1 foot or 4 inch lightning cable to use with my PowerCores (instead of the 3 foot cable), but I have so many cables as it is. The 4 inch cables would fit nicely in the travel pouches, though.

What are you solving to?

When I travel via flying with my OnePlus3T USB-C, I use this. and this

and when its wet put in this

I paid $6 for the charger, $8 for the two pouches and $7 for the cable.

looks like they “stole” ankers old ‘a’ in the picture

1 Like