Power Up Your Nintendo Switch With Anker's All-New PD PowerCores!

I posted that above

1 Like

Looks like an awesome product. In Europe for the first time and brought my Nintendo Switch, this would have been a great accessory to bring along with! Can wait to get one.

1 Like

My apologies, I didn’t scan all the way through lol

UPDATE:

Amazon Links:

Both are currently unavailable, but the information and pictures are all up-to-date!

I do find it interesting that the smaller one takes 1/2 hour longer to charge up than the larger one. :confused:

1 Like

Anker has updated the description for pre-ordering on their website:

“Quantity is limited. Orders will be processed according to order date. The first pre-order batch will be shipped after July 10th. The second pre-order batch will be shipped after August 15th.”

1 Like

From my understand, the existing Anker PowerCore Speed 20000 PD charger already can quickly charge the switch during gameplay. What advantage does this new Powercore 20100 Switch Edition provide over the existing Powercore Speed 20000 PD? Does it charge even faster?

Basically, I’m about to go on a long trip next week and I’m trying to figure out if it’s worth waiting for this one.

A quick check of the specifications reveals that the PD output is the same for both PowerCore Speed 20000 PD and the new PowerCore 20000 Nintendo Switch Edition, so both should charge the Switch the same unless Anker has implemented some behind-the-seens optimizations on the newer model while working with Nintendo. :slight_smile: Maybe @AnkerOfficial can clarify regarding the differences.

2 Likes

I think these new batteries are a great addition, but I have been using the regular Anker batteries to charge the switch and it works just fine. Might not be fully optimised, but they work.

1 Like

I think it should be interesting to see how low these batteries go if/when they are on sale. The smaller one is fairly appealing in terms of size and design, but when you look at the power (just 7.5W on the USB-A port in particular), the price seems relatively high, especially if you don’t have the Switch.

Nice but when can we get in Canada

The latest Community Highlights email seems a little less effective than the first for my post. About 33% more views.

pokken tournament and mariokart 8 are both so much fun

The travel pouch for it looks really nice

1 Like

Did anybody preorder one? If so, let us know when you receive yours! Here’s a video to keep you anxious:

2 Likes

Hi guys, new anker forum member. I am looking for advice on a 10000 or 13000 charger for my switch but I cannot get the Nintendo branded one because I’m in Europe and I go on holidays in just a few weeks.

So, seeing how these chargers are not so different from previous models and I didn’t hear any stories of non- branded models bricking the system or anything bad like that I thought would just buy an older model. But which? I really am super confused with all the PD, IQ, wattage, volts terminology. I also hear that QC powerbanks are to be avoided for the switch but don’t know why.

Basically, I would like a charger that will charge the switch while it’s being used and that is portable, like the 13400 one.

Which one would you recommend then?
Are powercore II better than powercore and powercore+?
Are the slim versions just as good as the normal ones?
Also, I see that these powerbanks do not come with a charger. How should I charge them? Could I use a normal Samsung galaxy s7 wall charger for that? Or the switch one perhaps?

Sorry if these are too many questions but I really can’t wrap my head around all these different models and specifications. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

I’d be glad to help! What country in Europe?

1 Like

Thanks for the help! I live in the Netherlands although I can order to other countries like Germany if necessary.

I haven’t found any shop that has or will have the Nintendo switch anker powerbank by the time I go on holidays so I just want to buy something that will work almost as good.

1 Like

Perfect. In that case, your best choice would be PowerCore Speed 20000 PD. It is by far the closest you’re going to get to the official Switch ones. I know you said you’d prefer something smaller, but it’s only about 17% heavier than the PowerCore+ 13400, which wouldn’t charge your Switch very well.

Let me know if this will work for you.

1 Like

Thanks a lot Joshua!
What about the wall plug to charge the powerbank itself? Do I need something specific to charge it quickly and safely? I once read the were some powerbanks that came with a wall plug but it was discontinued because it gave problems.

No problem, glad I could help! The Switch’s charger would work just fine!