POWER TOWER - Product Idea

This is nice concept. However, I still wonder why not our devices get charged wireless, not like Qi, something like NFC but has a wider range.

I suspect that someone somewhere has tried this with disastrous results…

2 Likes

Not sure, that is just fiction. Even if it was true, every invention was like that, there is a way to tweak and fine tune to get the end results.

@ryandhazen
Note to Power tower developers: remember to keep Power tower shorter than power lines :joy:

2 Likes

Wireless charging has already been done.
Disney did it as did others

1 Like

At the hospital things like these would always be handy too! We use computer on wheels, but there’s not always enough of them to go around. A power tower with a table modification on top would be great to keep my laptop or a tablet charged.

WOAH That is nuts. But that room is not my idea of a nice place to hang out :laughing:

Nice article, thanks for sharing. Wondering why it is not in works, must be too expensive.

A big tall rolling power strip lol :sweat_smile:

If wireless charging, I like this one!

That’s real charging!!!

4 Likes

I don’t get it… Seriously, why?

It’s not an extension lead, or a wall charger.

It’s like a hat stand with usb outlets, but no good for hats, and no space to charge anything… Oh yeah, one item can sit on top, instead of coffee :coffee:

So it’s a massive powerbank? The space it takes up, and I expect the cost of it, would be simpler to give each their own powerbank.

Now, the gert power thing by Anker (name escapes me at present), now that’s portable power.

I’ll stick to good old fashioned, plug into a wall charger at my volvo (an old name for workstation). I can have proper power delivery, and it’s not restricting my work, by having a mobile hat stand next to me!

2 Likes

That is “design” :joy:
Ugly, but it is!

Very cool! I wonder if the batteries are just in the top portion, or if the extend down the length of the tower as well?

It would need something near or.in the base for stability.

True, easy to tip over if you put heavy batteries on top section.

I was in the hospital over the weekend and the nurses had something similar to this. I can tell you that in the one the hospital has the batteries are housed just below the center of the shaft, there is a regulator above that and at the bottom an additional weight for stability. I have to say I was glad they had one because they were able to charge my phone for me for the three days i was there.

1 Like

This one has batteries located toward the bottom, and you can order them with additional batteries that stack up through the center tower.

@amangons I agree that the look is not really appealing. It would be better if it were wider all around and had a decent surface to set a laptop on. I think the idea for this thing is that you roll it up next to a table or a desk and plug it into whatever is on the desk or table. It would be cooler if it were a roaming table though with batteries built in.

Pretty interesting innovation.

Leave it to ANKER to come up with the product you didn’t know you needed but can’t live without. I think it is a great idea that has a wide range of uses.

I’ve got a product like this from FSR in my office:

One of these with a battery inside, wheels, and a motor would be awesome. Then you could call it to you with an app. Maybe even pay anker like those little checkout chargers they started with…

1 Like