Power port 5 USB C supports Power Delivery 2

I just ordered the new Google Pixel 2 which supports Power Delivery 2, I currently have the 5 port 40w usb charger with usb C from Anker and I wanted to know if it supports Power Delivery 2, I can’t seem to find any info to confirm or deny if it supports power delivery 2, does anyone know if it does? Thanks

Nobody knows.

The USB-C port will give out upto 3A 5V, in my own measurements it seems to be around 2.6A 5V. What we do not know what the Pixel 2 will do given that output, it could decide to take 2.6A or 2A.

1 Like

I heard that Power Delivery 3 is aiming to fix all the confusion.

so its backward compatibility is…? Imagine you plug in say a 3A 5V input non-USB-PD device into a USB-PD output charger, what will happen? It could sniff out that the device can do 3A 5V or will it say “I don’t know what you are so here’s 2A 5V”.

I believe it could. I don’t have the pixel2 with me yet. However, Google said it will support charger with 27W PD2, which is within the limit of the Anker USB C port.

Hi @Kevin_Hahn,

We appreciate your support in Anker.

However, since the 40W PowerPort 5 USB C can only output 5V 3A max via the C port and its C port doesn’t support Power Delivery, it will unable to quick charge the Pixel 2.

Sorry for this, if there is any way in which we can help you, either now or later, do please let us know.