Power in the House: Introducing PowerHouse 200!

I already tried this Jesse, they re set in their ways… even popular mechanics cant change this thought process :joy:

1 Like

Words have meaning. To some. To others, not so much☺️

I see what you’re saying, in that this product can take the place of your generator. Get rid of the gas powered generator and replace it with a battery bank. I just perceive a difference between a battery and a generator.

Looks awesome! It’s great to see multiple charger port options!

This thing is beastly, would be good for emergency responders

Definitely seems like it would be great for long road trips and camping. Or coming in a pinch during a power outage.

Does this mean going number 2? Cause it would definitely help out during a power outage or any other bowel movement emergency.

This topic is no longer a banner. It will no longer appear at the top of every page.

looks good ,it’s very convenient to take by.

I live in the boonies and we lose power a few times a year, so having this Powerhouse 200 would really come in handy!! I gotta start saving now as $350 isn’t in my price range at the moment. The product looks amazing though!

I am fortunate enough that we have a reliable power company. (of which I work for) but I can see this being used in so many ways. The price tag is hefty but to tell you the truth I think it is worth it. I spent a couple of months out in Puerto Rico for hurricane relief and restoration efforts. The PowerHouse 200 would have been awesome during my time there. To think many people went without power for months and some over a year… Let me tell you the simplest things in life are taken for granted.

That is 4 separate points all rolled into 1!

Power reliability:

• the power grid can be reliable, well maintained, but it can become unreliable the nearer you get to individual homes. Trees can bring power down a small set of houses, and the event can be broad so many individual power outages, but its not the power grid which is unreliable. So you can have a reliable power company but still power outages.

Stored Energy itself:

• I’d have to add it up but I probably have more than the Powerhouse 200 worth of stored energy, all output at 5V 2A-3A Type A ports. That’s plenty enough for phones, laptops, flashlights, to last days, particularly if we rationed our use of bigger devices to shorter times and most time on smaller devices.

• The Powerhouse unique advantage is the AC outlet but its not that high a wattage, it would be for laptops which are NOT USB powered, which are dwindling in number as USB becomes more common, and for the small minority of health related devices.

Lasting months:

• a Powerhouse 200 will not last you months. That 200 means Wh. So that is 2 lots of the 26800mAh (3.7V)

• you’d need to be looking at fossil-fuel powered generators, solar, wind, etc to last months, or you reduce electrical needs down to so little, so infrequent, so small, you can spread the 200Wh over months, so a couple of Wh a day, so turn phone on a few hours/day to check email, news, weather, etc, BUT the same power outage which impacted YOU for months would ALSO impact the networks so your phone would likely stop working anyway after the backup power to the local cell tower was down.

So my own view is:

• you should be moving down to USB powered devices anyway, away from AC “bricks” powered devices. This lowers total power needs and makes serving those needs lower cost.

• Everything fails. A powerhouse can fail. If you invested your time in one big energy supply, what if it fails? So a decentralized solution of multiple smaller sources is collectively more reliable. Place all that $ in one product to expect it to be working? Even a perfectly designed product can be damaged (water, smashed, etc).

• Diversity of supply, so some solar, a small generator, perhaps use your car as a generator you already own. My bicycle makes electricity.

2 Likes

I’m glad to know our product can help you in some extreme situation!:stuck_out_tongue:

Could we use him?

@professor Yes, you are correct. Thanks for your explanation as it was a great read. As far as reliable power we can’t do anything about a car vs a pole or acts of nature. But from the generators & transmission lines down to the distribution system we do maintenance daily to ensure the best possible service. Unforeseen circumstances are handled in a timely manner.
In the past I have installed micro-grids using high output generators in hurricane ridden areas. After work when we go back to our assigned accommodations the generators and water supply are turned on for 2 hours at night and 1 hour in the morning. That is because diesel fuel is sometimes very limited. During this time everyone tries to charge their electronics. I could use a PowerCore or PowerHouse for all day use to charge up my stuff and then some. I could always charge the Core or House when doing maintenance on the generators.
Also agreed that industry should be moving to USB powered devices. Solar is a great option but the storage is a problem when using a demand high load.

1 Like