Power Delivery PERFORMANCE TEST (WARNING: Hardcore Science Inside)

Very impressive, can’t wait to see more detailed comparisons like this for all your future chargers.
:electric_plug::black_square_button::loop::iphone::battery::100::+1::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Is it bad that I just want to shout out FOR SCIENCE!!!

3 Likes

I love these kind of posts! Thanks for the comparisons!

4 Likes

Smashing the competition to bits :grinning:

2 Likes

Always good to see comparison post’s from @AnkerTechnical , keep em coming :thumbsup:

2 Likes

Would have liked to see an Android phone that is compatible with both QC and PD tested. Also can you do a test like this but with your cables? I’ve seen them advertised as the fastest, possibly due to the least resistance. (?)

1 Like

Thanks @AnkerTechnical
Very informative post indeed, we need more of these posts from you.

2 Likes

Very helpful. Well thought out test :thumbsup::thumbsup::smile::smiley:

1 Like

Always good to see comparisons :+1:t2: Looking forward to more in the future.

2 Likes

Good article on the performance of the USB-C PD Charger…

I hope it will be available on Amazon Canada soon… Cheers.

Well done!

I love seeing posts like these. Thanks Anker :slight_smile:

Great post, thanks!

The stock iPhone X charger is just 5W and outputs 1Amp max. Hardly does justice to the 2.4Amp at 5V that the iPhone X easily supports!

Are these questions ever going to get answered? If not, there’s no real point in asking them…

But I have another one nonetheless.

How do you manage to make these so affordable?

With the current discount, PowerPort II PD 2 (49.5W) cost just $24 when Apple’s 5W charger cost $19!

That’s not much of a difference in price for two chargers that vary drastically in power output.

Apple is notorious for charging as much as they want to maximize their profit. Their phones for instance, the iphone x base model cost around $370 to make and they sell it for $999 starting price that only goes up for mere dollars more for storage increase. I know other companies do the same, but apple is the worst.

1 Like

PowerIQ 2.0 outputs up to 19.5 W vs 18 W has same compatibility. The former is only more powerful than latter.

You will see more PowerPort II with Power Delivery chargers in the next 6 months.:grin:

Apple just replaced their 29W adapter with a 30W version. I wonder if they saw this post. :joy:

2 Likes

Thanks for the 1 extra watt :apple: :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

great article

What I was really wondering is why it is not reflected in the specs:

5V 3A, 9V 2A, 12V 1.5A

…which still suggests 18W.

That is a long time to wait… :sob: What about more PowerCore with Power Delivery portable chargers?